What's new

My New HT set up.. (1 Viewer)

ArthurM

Auditioning
Here is what I will be purchasing in the next two months.
Yamaha HT5590 receiver, JBL S38II's for the front S26's for rear. The JBL Studio Center. And a SVS subwoofer.

This is a upgrade for me. Right now I own a Kenwood HTB system. It sounds ok, but now I would like to move up. The center channel is a little to bright. I love the sub I bought the system for 599.99. I think that was for the sub and receiver. Because the rest of the speakers are'nt that great.

Just so you know the cost I am looking at. The receiver is going to cost 472.60. The S38II's 270.00 (pair), rears are 217.00 (pair) center is 136.00. Sub is well 600.00 ugh, they do say a good sub can make or break your system.
I am sure there is beter than this stuff. But I was thinking for the price I can't go wrong. Please let me know if any of you have used a Yamaha receiver. Would a Yamaha be good enuff for the basic HT. Or is there beter for same price??? Thanks for your Time. Art.

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
You will be very pleased with that set-up....especially if you are used to the HT in a box. And if you like the sub you currently have, you'll be absolutely blown away by the SVS when you get it. Rest assured that the six bills you are spending for the sub are well worth it. I don't have a ton of experience with Yamaha receivers, but I used to own one of their older two-channel models, and I know that they have a pretty good rep for HT, so I don't see how you can go wrong. I'm kind of partial to Paradigms over the JBL's, but there seem to be quite a few JBL owners on here who feel it's a solid speaker for the money. By the way, as I'm writing this, my five year old is watching Phantom Menace.....makes me feel like talking about SVS again :) SVS subs are just amazing. I would venture to bet that you'll upgrade everything else in this new system you are about to purchase before you'll end up messing with your SVS. Their subs rule, and you can rest assured that if anything goes wrong with it, Tom and Ron at SVS got your back.

JimC_A

Stunt Coordinator
I have the RX-V1300, which is basically the same as the 5590. I am very pleased with the home theater and music characteristics it has. Good luck with your choices.

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
I use a Yamaha DDP-1 Dolby Digital Processor myself to run my AC-3 LD's through my Onkyo 797 HT receiver. The bass that Yamaha piece delivers is so compellingly stunning that, unlike for my main system adjustments for the 797, I need to keep my multichannel input levels on the unit to 0 for the subwoofer channel. (The 797 has two different sets of level calibrators, one for the entire unit at large, the other for multichannel inputs alone, giving me all kinds of leverage! :) ) So yes, in my opinion, Yamaha's products are worth it.
Whenever the twains of my Yamaha DDP-1 meet up with the Onkyo 797, it is a very sweet and loving sound for my system! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks