My new HT pics!!!

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by DaveD', Jan 26, 2004.

1. DaveD'

DaveD' Stunt Coordinator

I've still got a few things to work out and need to buy new rears and I'll upgrade the dvd player and receiver down the road. I'll probably put up black fabric on the walls or possibly paint it and make a masking system for the screen too. Other than that it's pretty much done. Oh, and I have a bunch of movie posters to put up on the walls. I spent all day Sunday building the screen. I think it came out pretty good although there's a slight pull in one corner that I couldn't get out, but you can't notice it when in use. I'll get up screen shots tonight.

Specs:
    custom 98" screen
    projector - Panasonic PT-L200u
    receiver - Pioneer VSX-509s
    dvd - Toshiba SD-3109
    fronts - Polk RTi8's
    rears - Polk FXi3's(coming soon)
    center - Polk CSi3
    sub - Velodyne DLS-4000

PICS!!!

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

Picture 4

Picture 5

These screenshots pretty much accurately represent what's projected.

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

Screenshot 3

2. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Dave:

Looks great. To keep the page from taking a long time to load I have linked to your pictures instead.

I look forward to the screen shots.

Parker

3. DaveD'

DaveD' Stunt Coordinator

Ok thanks. Btw, if anyone has any tips/suggestions/critism I'd love to hear them! [​IMG]

4. Owen Bartley

Owen Bartley Second Unit

Looks great Dave! I really like the screen. The only suggestions I have would be to maybe paint the room a darker colour, consider some full length shades or curtains for better light control, and to hide the wires a little better. Overall it looks like a really good place to kick back and watch a movie. Good job.

5. Ryan Tsang

Ryan Tsang Second Unit

Dave:

Looks cozy up there!

I know your room is small, but I would pull the mains away from your walls. You'd have a smaller soundstage, but at least it won't muddy up the sound, or introduce nasty early reflections off the side walls.

Put up bookshelves, curtains, cushions, stuffed animals, anything absorptive to reduce echo. Be creative!

Nice screen!

6. DaveD'

DaveD' Stunt Coordinator

Yeah, I definitely plan to darken the walls with fabric or possibly paint them. The whole house is pretty much one big White Out blot. I'll also add a dark carpet in front of the screen and get some black material to make some drop shades for the windows so I can watch movies during the day without compromise. Oh yeah, do any retail chains carry home theater calibration dvds like Avia, or is online the only place I'll find a good one? I need to fine the audio and video still.