My new home theater step by step progress *pics updated as it progresses*

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Jonathan R, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Jonathan R

Jonathan R Agent

Okay yesterday I had the urge to blow money on something. Fast forward to about 30 min ago. I just won a auction for a Infocus X1 projector. Shortly before that I ran to Lowes and picked up 2 gallons of Summer Pudding paint in preparation for painting the spare room for my home theater. My original plans are: [​IMG] and my in progress 3d drawing of the room: [​IMG]
    I have started painting the room but Im waiting for the first coat to dry so I can go back over it with a second coat. Pictures of that in about 2 hours. I also have before pictures of the room. I plan on making a screen using that standart stuff people get from Home Depot, I forgot the name [​IMG] Im still looking for seats and the audio, those should be found mid this week.

Item I won

Before and after pics of first coat of Summer Pudding paint. The flash really messes up the color :hs:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Okay here is where I stand as of 30 min ago. I just finished off my second gallon of paint which almost finished up my 3rd coat. Chances are I will pick up another gallon or quart so I can touch up and do the remaining trim. I snapped a few pics to show the current state. The projector should be here weds and Ive been looking into a few ONKYO HTIBs, mainly the 670s.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last pic gives a good idea of true color. I had to snap it without the flash as it always seemed to distort the color in the other pics. Also dont mind the huge white spot on the wall, that needs repair [​IMG]

Projector came in but I have to leave for work [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

okay here is the latest. I mounted up the projector and have it all squared up. The pic looks like crap because Im projection onto a textured dark red wall, so that is to be expected, and for some reason the component cables werent working, Ill mess around with them some more tomorrow. Also Im going to pick up some parkland poly-wall tomorrow and some blackout cloth, should make it look really nice. Also excuse my crappy painting skills [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Okay sorry for the long wait on the updates but its been slow moving. I ordered the BOC screen from a ebayer and it took a bit longer than expected to get here. I picked it up monday and started working on the frame so I could finally use something other than my bed sheet. I scratched the idea of going with the 770 and am now woking on piecing together a 2.1 setup until I can get more cash for the rest. Basically it will consist of a SA-XR50 with a Dayton 10" 100w sub, 2 Athena AS-B1s, and later I plan to move the AS-B1s to the rear and use the floor speakers in the front as well as add a center channel. I hope to have the audio done before the end of December. Here are a few pics of the new screen. My neighbor managed to rip the BOC on the corner while helping me so I will now need to make the black felt outline that I was going to add anyways cover that up. :rant2:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. BlakeN

BlakeN Stunt Coordinator

Looking good. I like that color. I might have to go check it out at lowes, still looking for color for my room but its still about a year from pain time lol.

3. JoshGivens

JoshGivens Stunt Coordinator

Not sure what your planning on using for "blinds" on your windows but the ones you had before won't work well for blocking the amount of light you need to keep out for daytime use of your projector. I think some heavy, black, floor length curtains would look good.

4. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

Change IMG tags to URLs for the first three images as they were over the 40M embedded limit.

Are you able to move the chairs away from the back wall as shown in your original sketch? This location will give you a lot of problems acoustically.

5. Jonathan R

Jonathan R Agent

40M limit?

Also updated with some more pics [​IMG]

6. Jimi C

Jimi C Screenwriter

Very Nice. Keep the pics coming.

7. Jonathan R

Jonathan R Agent

Just ordered screen material fri and should start working on frame tomorrow or this week. Ill be picking up a ONKYO 670 in a bit as well :coold:

8. Travis_R

Travis_R Stunt Coordinator

looks good so far man... CONGRATS!! on winning that thing, that is awesome for you, I never win anything, heck I only once have gotten a free soda cap off a one liter......lol, I also am in the process of puttin my home theater together, its alot of fun doing it yourself, I just keep thinkin I CANT WAIT TO GET DONE I CANT WAIT TO GET DONE I CANT WAIT TO GET DONE

9. Jonathan R

Jonathan R Agent

updated