What's new

My new HD Panasonic 47WX53 just made a "Snap Pop " sound? (1 Viewer)

Beau B

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, he came and fixed it. Just a few turns and it was back to normal.

It's amazing how much it would have cost just to come over and turn a few nobs. He said for 15 minutes and to walk in the door is $150.00 . WOW.

Beau

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Beau,

What did he do to fix it? Did he have to open up the RPTV (eg. front panel) to fix it?

I'd verify the results w/ some grey patterns (or at least a B&W movie) to make sure they're not tinted anymore.

_Man_

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
I think I might have had the "evil pop" today. My Panny made a funny noise, went on and off in a split second, and then was fine. I couldn't see any color problems; I used AVIA to confirm the settings were ok. Everything looks fine. I hope that is my only experience with the "pop"!

Beau B

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, he opened up the front panel and adjusted the gun colors. After that he pluged in a device to check the black and white level.

It looks back to normal. Yes I will have to get one of those discs to fine tune everything.

What aspect ratio should I be watching DVD's on. I know to use Cimema, but the ratios are Full, Just and Zoom. Which one of these do I use?

Thanks, Beau

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
know to use Cimema, but the ratios are Full, Just and Zoom. Which one of these do I use?
For 16:9 anamorphic DVD's, use Full. Use Zoom for non-anamorphic letterboxed movies(TITANIC, THE ABYSS,etc). Full is a stretch mode for 4:3(standard television shape); use that if you don't want the grey bars on the side while watching the news, sitcoms, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks