What's new

my new friend (1 Viewer)

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
me too, they're good friends to have around. When I was a kid mine was super friendly and loved people, but man if you made a wrong move towards me or she got a bad feeling she told you about it :eek:
she used to taunt the meeter reader too, wouldn't ever hurt him, but loved to have some fun at his expense :)

she helped me install a hard drive today :D

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Philip,

Congratulations on becoming a new Dad!!
She's a real doll, and obviously a real Daddy's Girl. I think Piper is a great name.

Here's to many many happy years together!

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I forgot to post this in my original post, best of all you'll never have to justify any HT purchases to her!

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
"Adorable" is right :) What a cutie :)

Reminds me of my aunt's dog, she's the nicest, cuddliest dog I've ever seen. Her name's Cleopatra, but we all call her Cleo. Just sayin' ;)

JayV

Supporting Actor
Lucy is a popular name for dogs
My buddy and I both have rescued dogs named Lucy. We distinguish between the two by calling one Region 3 Lucy and the other is Region 9 Lucy (I'm in PA and he's in CA).

Both were already named when we adopted (within a week of each other, too).

-j

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
Name her "Stay".

heh, JK,

I'd look for something in her behavior to stick her with. My last dog, a lab, chewed up a $40 garden hose his first week at my house. Ergo, he was known forever after as "Hozer".

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
look how viscious she is

best watch out, you might lose that hand :laugh:

sorry about the crappy image quality, my digicam is back in ND and I'm stuck using an OLD mavica..

DavidAM

Second Unit
I'm sure you've heard the joke song about a little boy's dog named Stains right? I can still hear that little boy calling his dog, "Come Stains"

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
SWEET! she fetches! she's mostly got the concept down, sometimes she forgets the ball, but she brings it back probably 80%

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
working on it, the sporting breeds are usually soft mouthed so it shouldn't be too hard. She seems to be pretty bright, we'll see I guess.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Actually my cocker tended to veer off at the last moment so we'd have to chase her. She never liked to make things easy for us. Obviously we never took her hunting. I think cockers haven't been bred for hunting for a long time, and since they were so popular for a long time, which tends to lead to more inbreeding, they've probably lost their hunting traits more than the springer spaniels. Although mine did bring a squirrel to the back door when she was 14 and mostly blind and deaf. We theorized that the squirrel knowingly committed suicide by walking into her mouth when she was yawning. But still she knew to offer it to my parents.

Chris Hovanic

Supporting Actor
If you want a dog to drop the ball.

1. dont chase them.. it becomes a game of keep-away just as fun as fetch.

2. If they do not drop it then stop playing with them untill they drop it. Do something else.

I learned both of these the hard way.

The dog will figure it out. Its more like training you then the dog.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks