I finally finished my flexy rack... Sorry, I don’t know how to post pics directly into the msg, but did include the link to my yahoo photos area where the pics can be viewed: http://photos.yahoo.com/aircolombia The pictures show the equipment: Denon 3801, JVC VCR, Sony DVD player, and of course the 32” Sony Vega. In the corner is the SVS 25-31PC. In one of the pictures you’ll see floor standing speakers...those are old Cerwin Vega speakers I need to get rid of, sell or give to brother. On top of those are my surrounds, Paradigm Atoms, I haven’t had a chance to mount in back yet, “I’m breaking them in” is the lazy excuse I’m using. I have Mini’s I’ll be using as mains, they’re still in the box because I have no where to put the Cerwin’s until I get rid of them...actually it’s no where that the spouse approves of. To the left of the flexy you’ll see my “old” rack...too narrow to house any of the newer equipment. The specs: 3/4” Oak plywood 5/8” all-thread hardware: neoprene washers, steel washers, steel nuts 1” banding veneer flat black paint & primer MinWax wood stain, Red Oak color The rack is 50” tall, 20” deep, and 36” wide. The inspiration of the rack was to house a 32” Sony Vega, but more importantly to have a solid foundation to put my Paradigm CC370 center channel. That CC370 is a beast and placing it on top of the TV yielded the best results, but the top of the Sony only has a 4” deep “shelf”...the CC is a little over 10” deep. Having 3” hanging over on each side just didn’t make me feel comfortable. The project took me three weekends, but not full time... about 8 hours total the first weekend and 3 hours each of the other two weekends. First weekend was drilling holes and banding; second weekend was staining wood (by far the hardest part for me, because I had never stained anything before; it wasn’t difficult I’m just hard to please when I do stuff myself); third weekend was painting hardware and putting it all together. It seemed like longer than it really was, but it was worth it. I like the color of the stain but I streaked it a little (first timer getting overly eager)...which you can’t really tell from a distance and with stuff on it. I primed and painted steel nuts & washers with flat black spray paint. The all-thread was painted once rack was put together; trial and error showed that trying to paint the all-thread then thread on the bolts didn’t work; it stripped the paint off the all-thread, not a lot but enough to annoy me. I used a banding veneer to cover the ends of the plywood; thank you Ryan Schnacke for telling me about this product! It’s great! The hardware and paint was from Home Depot...love that place, they have just about everything, and cheaper than most other hardware stores. The wood, rods and banding were from a local lumber store...Southern Lumber. The local Home Depots didn’t carry the all-thread in 6 foot lengths; and Home Depot’s plywood wasn’t quite as nice as Southern’s; plus they have a mill shop on site and cut to any dimensions you want. Nice! My next project is to build an equipment rack (Five 20”x20” shelves just for components)... the left over wood from this project left me with two shelves for the next rack, so I’ll only need to buy enough wood for 3 more shelves, plus hardware, rods...I think I’ll wait until the end of summer. Tons of help from this forum and all your input made this project happen for about $120; and most importantly the wife likes it too! Thanks!