My new favorite underrated actor is...Jim Caviezel.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Inspector Hammer!, Jun 17, 2002.

1. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    Granted, i've only seen him in two films so far Frequency and Angel Eyes, but their something about this guy I like. I think he did a marvelous job in both of these movies as two completly different charactors.
    I know that he was in another film earlier this year, a period piece, but I can't recall the title right now. I'll be checkng it out too when it comes to dvd. This guy has a bright future ahead of him I think.

2. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Wasn't he in The Thin Red Line? That was a great movie.

3. Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel Cinematographer

He was also in Pay It Forward as the homeless drug addict that Haley Joel Osment first helps.
    He's a good actor and he shows a lot of potential, he just needs to find better movies to be in.

4. Inspector Hammer!

John Williamson
    Damn, I forgot about Pay it Forward! Make that 3 films i've seen him in. :b

5. Craig S

Craig S Producer

Craig Seanor
    He was also quite good in The Count of Monte Cristo (the period film you're thinking of) and the recent Ashley Judd thriller High Crimes (he played Ashley's hubby, lucky dog!).
    I agree with Matt, he's established his rep as a solid player in commercial fare - he needs to take on some prestige or indy films to push his career to the next level. The potential is certainly there.

6. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

I really thought he was good in The Thin Red Line...damn fine film.

7. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

8. SammyJankins

SammyJankins Extra

Was this film also under rated?
    [​IMG]

9. ShawnCoghill

ShawnCoghill Stunt Coordinator

I met and Talked to Jim for a few Minutes,he is quite a gracious and humble actor.He was very nice and answered questions about his working with some of the greats including Malick,Oliver Stone,and Pacino(some of you may or may not know he was to appear in Any Given Sunday,playing Pacinos Son,his part was cut,but he appears on the deleted scenes of the dvd.I was an extra in his film which will be released around August called "Madison", I haven't seen the film yet ,but I am an extra in it as well. The first thing I said to him was He did a Excellent job in The Thin Red Line,his performance was one of the best of the year,and unfortunately didnt get Much acclaim,although the film did,and im sure it helped him get his roles in the films afterwards.Great Actor ,Ive seen all his films and will continue to see them,Hey look for him in the yet to be released dvd of My Own Private Idaho,funny little scene to see him in,blink and you miss him in it,Glad to see other People appreciate him!!

10. ShawnCoghill

I reread this,on My Own Private Idaho,Im not saying the dvd will be out anytime soon,although I wish it would.I was just saying its not on dvd,so you have to check it out on VHS.Oy Va
    good film worth seeing if nothing else to see Jims first role.

11. ShawnCoghill

Oh btw Madison is an Indie film,it stars Jim ,Jake Lloyd from Star Wars Ep 1,,Bruce Dern,and Mary McCormack. But good for all of us,The Film was picked up by a new company(which broke off of New Line Cinema) and this will be a nationwide release!!! When They filmed this back in the summer and fall of 99 I believe,,hehe its been so long in the waiting,it was an Independent film,that would have at best a Limited Release.It went to Sundance and was very well taken.Then it got picked up ,and Bam its getting the golden treatment. Hey if you want to see the Trailer and pictures,and the Storyline Go to
    www.Madisonthemovie.com

12. Inspector Hammer!

John Williamson
    Shawn,
    thanks for the excellent info on Jim! [​IMG] I will be sure to check those out, and will be watching for Madison.

13. ShawnCoghill

No Problem Glad to be of some assistance.Just glad to see this thread for Jim,As you stated he is an underrated actor,But I think he wont be for to much longer.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]