What's new

My new favorite album is Van Morrison "What's wrong with this picture?" (1 Viewer)

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Yet another big release from the red hot Blue Note label. I listened to this over lunch and was very impressed-very soulful with some absolutely killer blues numbers.

If you like Blues or Van, seek this one out.

Next up is the new Al Green album, also on Blue Note.

Hopefully we will see these on hirez at some point now that Blue Note is releasing Super Audio discs.

:emoji_thumbsup:

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Got Van's latest last week and have been enjoying it as well. Not an instant "grabber", but it rewards repeated listening.

Love your sig, Lee!

Pete

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I actually picked this one up the other day, though the only Van I have before that is from the 70s. I've read so many good things that I wanted to squeeze this one in before my upcoming moratorium on CD collecting.

It's great musically. Like always, Van shifts between and within styles and genres masterfully. Some of the lyris are a little awkward, but that has its own charm.

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
It's great musically. Like always, Van shifts between and within styles and genres masterfully.
I am glad you are enjoying it Mike. Van wrote all of these tunes, for the most part. He is truly a living legend in my book.

I kinda like he is a bit below the radar these days. I think maybe he produces better music due to it in part.

:)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
This one's been in my car changer for several weeks. Another nice effort from Van.

Now may I have it on SACD, please?? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks