What's new

My new Diva's + HSU are on the way!!! (1 Viewer)

PomingF

Second Unit
Uh oh, I think Russell_T is to get on Russell_W's case and Diva world is to turn upside down. And it's all your fault John. JK:)
Really I am glad you decided to go with the Onix for they are of excellent quality and should give you great performance plus years of service.
Welcome again to Diva world.
PF

OK...snag #2!

My last update reported that the local carrier was running behind schedule (approx 5:00). Now they are saying 7:00. I am having serious doubts as to whether they will make it here at all today. I know AV123 likes to sing the praises of US Freightways, but I am not impressed thus far (sorry guys). My main concern is that I took off a half day at work today and the speakers may not show at all.

I will update this thread later...hopefully with good news.

John

Juan_R

Supporting Actor
Hi John,

I saw your post this on the AVS forum as well. Let me just tell you that the speakers will be worth the wait, one day late is better than two or three. I would make an issue of it if it took longer than that. I know taking a day off work is a bummer because we all cherish our sick and vacation time but at least the company is calling you to let you know, I have never heard of any other shipping company to do that. I hope your speakers do come in today so you can start enjoying them.

Hi Juan. Well...6:48 I heard a rumble outside the house. Yes...it was a delivery truck! I was so excited I ran out og teh house with just my socks on...it is about 40 degress and rainging here in Philly!

I helped the driver unload the 3 boxes. And, then I thought...3...hmmm. I drug the boxes in and started to unload them. First, the 6.1s!

All I can say is WOW!!!!

These thing look so out of place in my townhouse (moving to a single family home soon...hopefully)! I just sat there with my girlfriend and stared at them. I felt like I was a new father!

On to the rears! WOW again! I can't believe the size of these things! They simply won't fit on my tables so I will need to try and wall mount them.

Then I look around and said..."hmmm...where is the sub?"

I'm not sure if the sub is shipped from a different location, but I was dissapointed that it was not here. I guess I just assumed that it would be shipped with everything else that was in stock.

Should I have expecte dthe sub or not? It was not listed on the invoice that came with the speakers. as anyone ordered an HSU from av123 with their Divas? What were your experiences?

Thanks,

John

OMG!!!!

My first test completed! And mind you...this is with a crappy center channel and a so-so sub.

I popped in Start Wars Episoide 1 and went right to the pod racing scene. HOLY CRAP!!!! I am hearing detail I never heard before! Especially in teh rears. After about 5 minutes, I returned to a *normal* listening level and what do I hear...

My neighbor trying to compete with me...HAHAHAHAHA!

Not even a competition!!! Although I think this may have been his way of telling me to turn my system down a tad (remember...I live in a townhouse...haha).

I need to get a *real* house!!! One that is not attached to another. I will never be able to truly appreciate the Divas while I am living here.

Anyways...everyhting sounds awesome! I will give Russell a call tomorrow and see what is up with the sub. Now I just need to wait for my C3 and the Onix cables and I am good to go!

Thanks for the support guys!

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks