What's new

My New Christmas System. Any comments? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Sch.

Stunt Coordinator
I got some good stuff for christmas, What do u think?

Kenwood VR-507

JBL N26 fronts

JBL Ncenter

JBL N24's

Sony 12" SAWM40 sub

I canted wait to hook everything up in my dorm. People over at Audioreview.com are bad mouthing this system and i think they dont know what there talking about. It cost $760 shipped for all. Any comments or critizisms?

Also what wire do i need for speakers and sub? The stuff that came with them sucks!

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
Well, for a college student, who plans on sticking this system in his dorm room, I would say that you've done a pretty fine job. No, it may not be the best system ever made, but it will certainly kick the crap out of most any other little stereo your fellow dormmates might have.

Enjoy!

David X

Stunt Coordinator
You can go with 14-16 guage copper wire for short runs, and 12-14 guage for longer runs, if you have any runs longer than 20 - 25 feet or so. Any old insulated copper wire will do just fine, assuming you aren't going to run the speaker wire through the walls. Lots of folks like the 12-guage stuff they sell by the foot at home depot.

For my own system, I use 12 gauge sound king speaker wire and dayton banana plugs from partsexpress.com

-David

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
Pretty much the same set up I have in my HT room, except I use a Kenwood 407 and a JBL PB-12 subwoofer, and I couldn't be happier! I think you made a great choice and got a great deal!

Use 12 gauge Home Depot or a 12 gauge equivalent.

David Bo

Auditioning
Yesterday I ordered a similar system-I got a Denon receiver though.

Denon AVR-682 Receiver $265

JBL NSP1 speakers $270

No Sub yet, but I'm going to get the same Sony. Everyone recommends it for the price.

It was $580 w/ shipping from etronics.com I'll probably get the subwoofer in the few months, I'm getting an X-box or PS2 before then.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks