My name's website turned out to be an embarrassment.

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Greg*go, Apr 30, 2003.

1. Greg*go

Greg*go Supporting Actor

I guess I was too late to get it. The only good thing about the Greg Simpson site is that I apparently have a fan base. This came as a shock to me since I didn't know I was a country music singer that sings sissy-la-la songs like "Throw you a line" and "Soul, heart and mind." (No offense to any of you die-hard other Greg Simpson fans out there.)

At least he isn't that famous, so I'm still only recognized for being a Simpson like Homer, instead of THE Greg Simpson: guitarist extraordinaire. That is... for now anyway....

Anyone else got a website with their name that isn't them?

2. Ryan Wright

Ryan Wright Screenwriter

No, thank God. I bought my own name as soon as it occurred to me that I could. I WANTED to buy my family name (wright.com, wrightfamily.com, or something) but they're all taken and filled with pictures of weird people who aren't related to me.

3. David Lawson

David Lawson Screenwriter

David Lawson
    I'm a search engine! I won't be visiting myself again due to all of the pop-ups, though.

4. Shane Bos

Shane Bos Second Unit

My full name has no site. However my last name is an Office furniture store in Chicago. Apparently it's just an acronym for Business Office Systems.

5. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    I'm named after a bird of prey, the Peregrine Falcon. Needless to say, my name brings up plenty of website's.

Peace Out~[​IMG]

6. Dave Gorman

Dave Gorman Supporting Actor

My name's website is taken by another Dave Gorman who gained some notariety, particularly in the UK, for his worldwide search for other Dave Gorman's. I had an ICQ conversation with him early in his search, but as I live in the middle of nowhere, he never came to meet me.

7. Patrick Larkin

Patrick Larkin Screenwriter

You want embarrassing? I wanted to register my daughter's name and found out it was taken by this person.

[​IMG]

8. Scott Van Dyke

Scott Van Dyke Supporting Actor

9. BrianB

BrianB Producer

That's cool, Dave. Always meant to ask if he'd ever been in touch with you, now I know.

My "name" is taken by some politician. I do have a newsgroup named after me though [​IMG]

10. JayV

JayV Supporting Actor

11. Alf S

Alf S Cinematographer

Alfer
    Thanks to my first name being Alf, I am always reminded of that little furry alien and his fan sites. [​IMG]

12. Christopher P

Christopher P Supporting Actor

My full name is open, but my surname is a motivational instruction academy for kids, a community college, and an association of polyisocyanurate manufacturers, (.com, .edu. and .org respectively. I know I am also a medical institute.

I have a very uncommon last name, but it is also the name of a county, so there are many things associated with the county that have the name in their title.

Chris

13. MickeS

MickeS Producer

Christopher, is it Pima County, where I live? I took a few classes at "your" community college. [​IMG]

EDIT: tried the websites, indeed it is. [​IMG]

My lastname as well as first initial + last name are both owned already by webhosting companies. I can sign up and use the domain though if I want to, for a yearly fee.

/Mike

14. Eric_E

Eric_E Supporting Actor

There is no ericeickhorst.com (not surprising), but I did find out that www.eickhorst.com is the home page for System Eickhorst, a company that makes lighting for use in dental applications. Apparently they've changed their emphasis because the last time I was at their site they were focused on lighting for gemologists.

www.eickhorst.net is the site for some weird artist named Johann Peter Eickhorst.

And since Eickhorst is a German name, I tried www.eickhorst.de and found "Eickhorst Facility Management." Woohoo.

15. Christopher P

Christopher P Supporting Actor

Hey Mike...that would be me...my secret is out. I was actually born in Miami AZ, which is by Globe. No one outside of AZ knows where that is, but you might.

Chris

16. BrianB

BrianB Producer

17. Mark Fitzsimmons

Mark Fitzsimmons Supporting Actor

18. Jason Pancake

Jason Pancake Stunt Coordinator

I have www.houseofpancake.com . That IS my last name by the way [​IMG]

My brother worked at an IHOP when he was in high school and whenever we go to one my wife thinks it's an absolute hoot to have them put "Pancake" on the waiting list. She hasn't lived with that last name for the past 26 years so she hasn't had to endure the inevitable questions EVERY time someone learns our last name is a breakfast food.

19. Felipe S

Felipe S Stunt Coordinator

[​IMG]

I'm just kidding buddy. [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

I've owned roeber.com for many years now. I also picked up donroeber.com along the way. Last year I gave domain names to my soon-to-be-mother-in-law and fiancee, they both use them for their email.