What's new

My name is Mark and I'm an Addict... (1 Viewer)

MarkRoberts

Stunt Coordinator
I just finished my first DIY project, well almost. It needs one more coat of paint. I'll do that when I'm done playing :) I used the 85l adire alignment with a dayton 12" DVC. I was suprised at the performance. I even screwed up a couple things when hurrying to glue it together. Anyway now that I have finished with that one I'm itching for a new project. I would like to build a set of 3-way towers. I will probably build the dayton br-1 kit first. Just to get more familiar with crossover design etc.
I have a couple of questions for you guru's out there. I was thinking along the lines of the veritas at speakerbuilder.net I was wondering about using a side mounted passive radiator. I can't seem to figure out the mass needed for pr's. I tried when first modeling my sub and I ended up with way too much mass for the pr. I followed the formula at diysubwoofers.org. I even had a my calculations checked by someone else. Is it kind of a trial and error type thing? What I want is a TMW/TMWW that will play down to about 25hz. Any help and or advice is appreciated.
I do have pics of the sub just don't know how to post em. I just posted them so scroll down.

Nick.H

Stunt Coordinator
when you post it, click on the IMG button and type in the link to the image, you will need to host them on a website to link them...

ie: h**p://www.yourisp.com/~yourlogin/hometheatre.jpg

MarkRoberts

Stunt Coordinator
No feedback for a newbie, I know you guys have been looking.:frowning: No suggestions on the towers either? I have to say I'm a little disappointed.:D

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member

Well, for a start, all of your links to the pictures do not work with the Firefox browser. I had to launch MS Internet Explorer to see the pics.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member

Great work on the sub!! :)

I only saw three pictures of the sub, no pictures of the towers? Do you have a link to the pictures of the towers?

MarkRoberts

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the compliments. I just did a quick search for pic hosting I didn't realize some browsers couldn't view them.:b
I haven't made the towers yet.That is the next project,well I will probably do a monitor kit first as I have not made crossovers before.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks