What's new

My MX700 Mouse Adventure (Pics) (1 Viewer)

Scott Bourden

Second Unit
On Friday I ordered a MX700, it was $99.50 CAD, and if the total cost was over $100, I could use a couple extra coupons, so I bought a $0.75 box of paper clips to push me over, so the total cost of the mouse, to my door, was only $58 (a $30 coupon, and a 20% off coupon). As Seen here

They send me a notice, saying delivery will be today. I hear the doorbell, get excited, because my package was finally here! So I have the box!

But it feels strangely light.... So I take a look inside.

Odd, where the hell is my MX700? And what did they actually ship to me in this big ass box?

Who cares about the mouse, I am just happy to get my frikkin paper clips.

Dirty sons of bitches!

This was Monday.

Scott Bourden

Second Unit
Well, today (Tuesday) when I got home from class, there was a message on my machine. It said "Hey Scott, this is Eric from Staples, I have a mouse here to deliver to you. We need to set up a time for delivery, call me back at..."

And then he only left a SIX DIGIT PHONE NUMBER.

I've gone over the message 100 times, and he clearly says only 6 frikking numbers, he wasn't stuttering or mumbling, he plainly said "call me back at 123-456"...

How the hell do I call a 6 digit frikking number? I called the local Staples, and they said that Eric is their delivery man (yea, thanks for clearing that up, when I start the call with "Your delivery guy, Eric, gave me the wrong number".. Frikking morons) and they have NO way to reach him, and recommend I wait for him yo call me back, but they don't know when. ANd I can't go up to Staples and get it myself, because it's in the back of this mystery truck with some guy even the store can't frikking get in contact with.

What is this crap????

i'm bitter

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor
Scott, If you ever track down your MX 700 I'd be interested in how you like it. I just ordered one last night from J and R Music and Computers for my son for Christmas. He wants a cordless mouse and after researching, this one seems to be the best one. I paid $55 US for it. Good luck tracking it down.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Ouch!

I bought a Logitech Cordless Duo MX, which has an MX700 and a cordless keyboard. $130 at the till, and if I use this rebate should be another $30 off. So it should only cost me $100, theoretically.

This is at Compusmart BTW.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I got the MX700 with the elite wireless keyboard combo thing a while ago. After coupons and discounts it was around $50 total. The thing rocks though. They are both really great.

I ordered a printer from staples. They have free next day delivery but they didn't get it to me next day. They did call my house telling me that I would get it a day late and apologized though. You can fill out a form (its available on the staples website) and put it on your door to tell the delivery guy to leave it without signature. I told him to take it around back and put it on my back porch and they followed my directions just fine.

Scott Bourden

Second Unit
They did call my house telling me that I would get it a day late and apologized though. You can fill out a form (its available on the staples website) and put it on your door to tell the delivery guy to leave it without signature. I told him to take it around back and put it on my back porch and they followed my directions just fine.
Unfortunately, I do not have a covered porch, and we're getting heavy snow all day tomorrow, so having it left outside isen't really an option for me, especially since I won't be getting home until around 4 pm.

ryan davis

Stunt Coordinator
I would be really disapointed. I love getting stuff in the mail. I was waiting for a package all day yesterday. I tracked it on the UPS website, and it said it had shipped. I FINALLY heard the doorbell ring at 5 at night. I ran downstairs in hopes that my new shiny bass was here. Guess what was at the door? Jehova's witnesses (SP?) . I was a little angry after that. At least they kept me "entertained" until my package arrived. :angry:

Scott Bourden

Second Unit
Well, as of last night, I didn't hear anything from him.

As of today at lunch, still nothing, so I called up to Staples and finally got a manager. He knew the delivery guys number off the top of his head, and I told him that I spoke to two different customer service reps at his location, and neither could give me a number for him, and said they did not know how to contact them. He said that was strange, they should know how to get it.

I had to get to class, so I did not have time to kick up a fuss over the useless CSR's, so I just let it go.

When I got home from class (45 mins ago) I called the ENTIRE phone number this time, and about 20 minutes later the delivery guy shows up. Says that yesterday, he went to the wrong house, they told him 95 instead of 96. He didn't rememebr anything about only giving me a six digit phone number. (I have it recorded)

http://www.newfoundwang.com/pics/Staples.mpg

I recorded it with my digital camera, and stripped the video out to save a little space, it's still in mpeg format though, 3.5 megs.

Couple this with his inability to read out entire 7 digit phone numbers, I somehow doubt the validity of his statement, but after dealing with the inconpatince of the local staples associates, I'm unsure who is the clown behind the mixup, and it's doubtful I ever will know.

Thankfully, the mouse is here in perfect condition, I'm actually using it right now. A little strange to hold, going from my Mousman Pro optic, but I already like the contours.

Either way, hopefully this is the end of my mousing fiasco ;)

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
I've owned the MX700 for about a year now...going from the iMac stock mouse to this was a revelation (the iMac mouse is pure shite). The MX700 nearly puts my iMac to shame in terms of industrial design.

I've been so happy with the MX700 that I'm curious about Logitech's new flagship cordless mouse, the MX900 - a bluetooth mouse.

Anyone have any experiences with the MX900?

BTW...good to hear you finally got your mouse, Scott!

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
This mouse rocks! Personally, i would have just bought it from the local store and saved all that shipping hassle....

Have fun with it!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks