What's new

My mug finally on IMDB (1 Viewer)

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
Well after MONTHS of screwing around and fighting with their customer support, I finally got my ugly mug up on IMDB for my profile. What a pain in the butt that was. I have been trying since July and just kept getting my e-mail bounced back (which looked bad since I am a full-time computer network administrator!)

Anyway, it is cool to have it up there. Too bad 2 of the movies I have done are still not listed on IMDB. Not sure what the hold up is with "Lost Angel" (features Judd Nelson, Alison Eastwood and John Rhys Daives). According to the director "Queen City Blowout" it is almost ready for distribution.

Anyhoo...just had to share with my friends at the HTF!

Scott's IMDB profile

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Niiiice. That's like the big dream now for someone to have theire profile AND picture on the IMDB! :)

Did you have to pay them to put your pic up? I tried to send in another pic for Lauren Bacall but they wanted me to pay them first!

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
Scott L: Yes, I did have to pay to have it put up. That was one reason I was getting so upset with them was that I had paid for it many months ago and just had zero luck in getting it submitted. But, now it is up.

I realized after I posted this thread that I am able to submit movies to IMDB. So, I have filled out their cool forms to get "Lost Angel" and "Queen City Blowout" listed on IMDB. I will have to wait and see when/if they list them.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Scott got his start in acting by performing in stage productions with Regina Little Theatre and the musical company Regina Summer Stage. Productions such as "A Man for all Seasons", "Blithe Spirit" and "The Sound of Music" gave him great experience and appreciation for the art of acting and singing. He was later granted an opportunity to try his hand at TV and movie acting. Learning a great deal from British director Steven Rumbelow while working on the low-budget movie "Queen City Blowout", Scott was able to land a few small but exciting roles. He hopes to continue to find bigger and better roles and develop into a respected actor.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMDb mini-biography by
Scott McGillivray

interestingly this was on their front page today.........

Who Is Tarri Markel?
Tarri Markel not only made sure that her headshot graced her filmography page, she created a photo gallery using IMDb Publicity Photo Services. Once you've purchased a package you can either mail your headshot to us (for those a little less technically inclined) or you can send it electronically (for those who are). Thousands of customers including agents, actors, publicists, directors, stuntpeople, makeup artists, composers and others have added their (or their client's) headshots, posters, production stills, work samples and more to their page. Shouldn't you? We can't guarantee you'll end up on the IMDb homepage like Tarri, but Publicity Photo Services will make your page stand out to casting agents and the other professionals who use IMDb to look up new talent!

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
Hey! Thanks a bunch gang! You guys are the best!

Me and Andy Richter...wow...never saw that before but it is funny! Back in my youger/in great shape years I was told I looked like Randy Travis...been a long time since i heard that! :D

Caprice is a fantastic person! I was just blown away by how nice she is. Super friendly and outgoing and not a bit pretentious. She even had her mom on set the whole time just to be close to her. It was sweet.

A bunch of us went to the bar one weekend and it was really cool. Here I am walking through the crowd with Caprice hanging onto my shoulders as I lead-block for her through the crowd. We stayed there all night hanging out with Casper Van Dien and Vinnie Jones and Caprice and some of the crew. Our director, Fabio (real cool guy too) danced non-stop all night. He was a machine! I loved his quote to me after I said how impressed I was with his stamina. He said "When I film, I film. When I dance, I dance. And when I fuck, I fuck." I just about fell over laughing!

Anyway, had a TON of fun on that shoot. Oh, and Vinnie is a nice guy, but he sure has that "piss-me-off-and-die" edge to him in real life. Hmmm..come to think of it, he owes me a cigar that he promised he would bring to set.

I hope to see the other 2 movies listed on IMDB soon.

Later!

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Congrats Scott.

Now, any chance I can get my mug posted as well. (I know it's fairly plain, but what the hey.)

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Cool, we've an actor in our midst.

I'm a (very) amateur screenwriter myself...I'll have to come with something for you. ;)

Break a leg, kid.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

(Sammy Davis Jr. voice on) And I mean that! (Sammy Davis Jr. voice off)

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
Thanks again for all your feedback. It is so nice to be able to share stuff like this with others who are also movie enthusiasts.

I noticed that the other 2 films I have been in are now listed on IMDB. The one only has me listed as an actor. I will have to get in contact with the others that were in it and have them update their information.

I have an audition this Saturday for a large principal role in an upcoming movie. The part is really cool and I am sure praying I get it!

I will keep you posted!

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Congrats brother! :emoji_thumbsup:

Oh and Im SOOOOO jealous that you got to work with Alison Eastwood. She's SOOO HOT!!!! :b

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks