What's new

My Mother The Car: Coming from TGG (1 Viewer)

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I might purchase MMTC on April 14, which is about halfway between Christmas and my Birthday. I designate 4/14 as "Little (Stinker) Day". :laugh: :biggrin: :rolling-smiley:

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
Just got MMTC today and am not only pleased with the picture quality but am HIGHLY impressed that there is NO laugh track on the episodes...at least on the first few on Disc #1.

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
Whoops!!! Just found one with the laugh track on Disc 1. Still, it's great to not hear the canned laughter on some of the episodes

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
Neil Brock said:
MMTC came from MGM. The above 2 shows are Fox.
I can think of another four UA sitcoms that could be released on DVD by TGG.The New Phil Silvers ShowO.K. CrackerbyMona McCluskeyHey, LandlordHighly unlikely if any of these shows were not transferred onto videotape.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Regulus said:
I second you with The Ghost and Mrs. Muir and Nanny and the Professor.
Someone from Madman in Australia told me that they will be releasing The Ghost and Mrs. Muir this spring.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
If a TV Series is released in regions other than R1 it's usually a manner of time before it gets a release in R1, so I'll just sit back and hang loose.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Regulus said:
If a TV Series is released in regions other than R1 it's usually a manner of time before it gets a release in R1, so I'll just sit back and hang loose.
Yeah, I'm sure Mr. Terrific and Spencer's Pilots will be coming out in the U.S. any day now. :rolleyes:

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
oldtvshowbuff said:
I can think of another four UA sitcoms that could be released on DVD by TGG.The New Phil Silvers ShowO.K. CrackerbyMona McCluskeyHey, LandlordHighly unlikely if any of these shows were not transferred onto videotape.
I would love to get upgrades on Hey Landlord, a truly very funny show. Garry Marshall's first sitcom. The others you mentioned, I don't find very funny.

shoeshineboy

Second Unit
Real Name
dan olson
I wonder how long a shot is Ichibod and Me, produced by Kayro-jaM in 1961? I only saw a couple of episodes but thought it was well done...

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Neil Brock said:
I would love to get upgrades on Hey Landlord, a truly very funny show. Garry Marshall's first sitcom. The others you mentioned, I don't find very funny.
I recently watched HEY LANDLORD and liked it, but didn't love it. I had little memory of it from its original airing as I was too young, so it was nice to see. Still, I expected more from Garry Marshall and was rather disappointed. OK CRACKERBY on the other hand I thought was pretty charming. It's nothing special and indeed it's not all that funny, but it's a nice pleasant show that didn't wear out its welcome. I would like to see both of these get a release, but neither is a priority. I would much rather see more ZIV shows from TGG.

maskedmala

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Maurice
Speaking of things coming from TGG, anybody knows something about that. I'd like to see more ZIV shows from TGG, shows like:- Boston Blackie- Waterfront- I Led Three Lives- King of Diamonds- Miami Undercover

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
maskedmala said:
Speaking of things coming from TGG, anybody knows something about that. I'd like to see more ZIV shows from TGG, shows like:- Boston Blackie- Waterfront- I Led Three Lives- King of Diamonds- Miami Undercover
SECONDED!!!
I'd also like to see released:

Annapolis

Everglades

Men Into Space

Science Fiction Theatre

The Man Called X

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Regulus said:
SECONDED!!!
I'd also like to see released:

Annapolis

Everglades

Men Into Space

Science Fiction Theatre

The Man Called X
maskedmala said:
All of the above plus World Of Giants

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
Another reason I love rarely-seen TV shows of this period is to see some unusual actors show up in some of the episodes. Ep. #5 of MMTC, "Burned at the Steak" features Charles Grodin (billed as "Chuck Grodin") and ... the great Lee Van Cleef.

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
shoeshineboy said:
I wonder how long a shot is Ichibod and Me, produced by Kayro-jaM in 1961? I only saw a couple of episodes but thought it was well done...
I imagine its quite a longshot now, because Timeless no longer releases Universal shows and its parent company Shout! wouldn't want to bother with a rather obscure sitcom. Just wondering, did you see the one episode w/guest star Rod Serling? I know I did on a now-defunct TV4U.com website.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks