My Mits 65807 buying experience with Sears

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andrew Laksana, Jan 25, 2001.

1. Andrew Laksana

Andrew Laksana Auditioning

Hello,
    I bought my Mits 65807 from Sears after several considerations. My home theater room is upstairs, and there is a 75 degree turn on my stairs. I considered buying online, but my circumstances just prevent me from doing so. After hearing from several people here at HTF, I tried to price match internet prices at Sears. I was fortunate I got a very friendly and knowledgeable sales person. He did the pricematch without any problem. I mentioned to him to make a note about bringing the TV upstairs.
    After several delays because of out of stock, my TV was finally delivered last Sunday. I know that there is no way that the TV can be brought upstairs in the whole piece. They need to split it into two pieces. When they arrived, they looked surprised that I want the TV to be brought upstairs. And when they saw my stairs, they said there is no way they can bring the TV upstairs. I mentioned about splitting the TV into two pieces as the only way, but they refused to do so. They said they are just independent contractor working for Sears to deliver appliances. They don't want to be held liable just in case there is anything wrong with the TV. So they just left my TV in my living room.
    After more than a month waiting, and finally got my TV delivered, I am still left without TV where it's supposed to. I am very sure if I bought the TV from the specialized A/V store, they would have known what they are supposed to do. I am still trying to call Sears and arrange them to bring the TV upstairs. If they still can't, there is no other way than make them take it back.
    That's my experience with Sears that I want to share. Although I really got a good price on the TV, the wait was painful plus their delivery crews are clueless and unprofessional. Just something for you to think about if you are considering to buy HDTV from Sears.
    Thank's for reading
    Andrew.

2. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill Ambassador

Steve Tannehill
    Darn, Andrew. We feel your pain. If the thing weren't so heavy, I'd say that you should bribe some friends to help you move it yourself. You can probably tell that I don't have many friends. [​IMG]
    Seriously, Sears should make good on your delivery, or refund the delivery charge so that you can find someone to move your TV. $50 to $100 would do it, I would hope. Disassembly is fairly easy, so you could do that part of it yourself.
    Best of luck.
    - Steve

3. Bill_Rockefeller

Nope, in my experience $50-$100 won't do it. Movers wanted to charge $175 minimum to move my HDTV into my upstairs apartment!!! (I have the WS-65905, purchased right when they came out for $4200+$75 shipping).
    It's very easy to take apart, and unless you're a weakling, you and one other strong friend should be able to get it upstairs w/o problems. (I'm a weightlifter, so it was ridiculously easy for me with a friend).
    If the disassembly on the 65907 is the same as my 65905, then you just remove the two plastic blocking covers on the left and right side at the midsection of the TV (one screw in back on each I think). Then remove the 4 large brass screws on either side of the TV. Next, lift the top section away from the bottom section. NOTE: They are sometimes (in my case anyway) glue/caulked together, but this little goop is pulled apart easily.
    If you're in the SF Bay Area, I'll be happy to come over and help you move it upstairs. :] If you're not, maybe we can find someone in the forum that can help if you have no friends! !
    Ah well, I'm off to watch the superbowl in HDTV!!!!

4. Lee Back

Lee Back Auditioning

Question, How did you get sears to price match the internet?
    what did you say, did you bring printed proof?
    Thanks
    Lee

5. AllenD

AllenD Second Unit

Lee,
    You got it. Just show them the price you want them to match and you should be all set. One note:SEARS only carries the Platinum Series.
    AND:
    Where the heck is Pinole? If you're not too far away from Orange County, I'd be glad to help you carry that bad boy up your stairs.
    I had my 65807 delivered by the Asian Laurel and Hardy lookalikes. They moved it with ease, of course, with a help of a dolly. But splitting it into 2 pieces should be a cakewalk for two guys to carry it upstairs.

6. Steve_Howard

Steve_Howard Auditioning

I suggest using Pricescan.com to pricematch Sears. They seem to have the lowest Mits prices. Don't show them anything that has shipping charges and they won't add it on. At least, that was my experience.
    Steve
    ------------------

7. Andrew Laksana

Andrew Laksana Auditioning

Friends,
    Thank you for your help offer. I really appreciate it. My salesperson called me and he has arranged the service guys to come over and split the TV into two and bring it upstairs. I'll keep my finger crossed, and see what they can do.
    About the internet price match, I price matched it using Yahoo shopping, and made them price match Let's Go Digital price. Just print out the page, and bring it to Sears.
    Thank's,
    Andrew.
    ------------------