What's new

My Minority Report DVD Disc 2 Is Missing! (1 Viewer)

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
That's right...I just opened my MR DVD which I purchased at BB, and disc 2 is missing. Anybody else have this prob? It's the one that came with the cd-rom.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Take it back and exchange it for another one... explain your problem (sounds like a problem in the manufaturing phase).

Todd Robertson

Second Unit
Nothing missing here....but the flip-holder for disc 1 had broken tabs and was hanging by a thread...a victim of sloppy handling. I have seen BB employees toss around boxes like footballs before so it's no surprise. most of the time I give each and every dvd I buy locally, a little shake test. I found 1 out of every 10 dvds contain a loose disc. they need to come up with a better format for holding these discs in place. I have had missing booklets but never an mia disc.

Todd Robertson

Second Unit
Nothing missing here....but the flip-holder for disc 1 had broken tabs and was hanging by a thread...a victim of sloppy handling. I have seen BB employees toss around boxes like footballs before so it's no surprise. most of the time I give each and every dvd I buy locally, a little shake test. I found 1 out of every 10 dvds contain a loose disc. they need to come up with a better format for holding these discs in place. I have had missing booklets but never an mia disc.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I got a DVD recently that was in a keepcase with a little tab on the inside edge, the purpose of which seemed to be to hold the disc in the indented, circular "disc tray" even if the teeth of the center hub became broken or if the disc otherwise became loose. Good design! :emoji_thumbsup: Too bad this is the only case like this I've ever seen.

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
zen, i'm glad it worked out...i think i'm gonna conquer BB after christmas (early morning)

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
I've never had a missing disc but twice I've bought 2 disc sets with 2 copies of one disc (Gladiator and Almost Famous Untitled)

Brian

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
I guess I'm lucky -- with the 200 DVDs that I have bought, I haven't had a single missing disc. Of course I generally buy mine at Ken Cranes or Barnes And Noble (less at the latter).

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Chuck, get with a manager, then regional director....just keep going up if you keep getting told to go elsewhere. They sold you a defective product, they have to take care of it....that is, if you did find your receipt. Did you? If not, and you paid with a credit card, they can still look it up on their computer for you.

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
I had something similiar happen with Star Wars Ep II (which I bought @ Toys R us during the $9.99 special). I took it back to Suncoast and told them I only got 1 disc. They switched it for me, no receipt, no questions asked. The customer service advantage you gain for paying extra...:rolleyes

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
No missing disc here. But they used VERY sticky glue to put the cd-rom on there, so I am left with some warped plastic on the case. :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks