What's new

My local Regal has discontinued Reese's Cups! (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
WTF!?

This is tantamount to going to a baseball game and being told they no longer sell pretzels or hot dogs!

I grabbed a comment card on the way out and wrote simply "No Reese's Cups? Seriously?"

It's a minor loss that i'll never get my head around lol.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The local Regal theaters around here to my knowledge have NEVER had Reese's Peanut Buttercups. Or Twizzlers Pull 'N Peel. That's what the CVS on the first floor is for.

The only theater I make sure to buy food from every time is the drive-ins, because they're pretty much totally reliant on the snack bar to turn a profit.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
At the drive-ins they're still reasonable. The small is actually a small and is priced accordingly. Sometimes I get a free snack with the Regal Crown Club card.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt /forum/thread/292524/my-local-regal-has-discontinued-reese-s-cups#post_3603399

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Slightly off topic story: I took a girl to see Inglourious Basterds the other week and as she was heading for the bathroom, she yells over to me "I haven't eaten yet. Get some popcorn... and M&Ms... and a water." She went into the bathroom and I looked at the woman working the concession stand and said "This bitch must think I'm made of money". It was supposed to be a joke but she just looked at me like I was the worst person alive. I'm surprisingly used to that look though.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon /forum/thread/292524/my-local-regal-has-discontinued-reese-s-cups#post_3603400
I find myself going to the Colonie Center theater more than any of the others since it opened. While the screens are smaller, the overall presentation is far superior to Crossgates, the Madison, not to mention the East Greenbush Regal.

My question for you, Mike, is: how can you even finish a large soda at Regal? I stopped getting a small a while back because, even with all of the ice, I'd have to make a couple bathroom runs over the course of a long movie. The large is practically a bucket of soda.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
BTW, Adam...the Colonie Center Regal has become my theater of choice.

I've seen some digitally-projected films there (including Up!) and think it's the coolest thing around.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Absolutely. While it's not better than an excellent film presentation, even the 2k digital of Colonie Center is better than any film presentation I've seen in Albany. (A few movies at the Spectrum have come close)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks