What's new

"My Living Doll"? (1 Viewer)

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Originally Posted by Jack P /t/260678/my-living-doll/120#post_3910097
I know that I can be harsh toward companies myself at this place, but common courtesy means using some tact in direct chats. Those who are choosing this place as the occasion for airing this kind of junk are out of line and owe you an apology.

We're all guilty here of speaking our minds a little too forcefully at times, hence this being a genuine FORUM, but I agree with Jack and the idea of common courtesy, something of a lost art these days when it comes to social skills. And it's not just in the online world either. We seem to be mired in a culture now where people can't seem to recognize any social grace or consideration that doesn't put themselves first.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Chertok Television. said:
It will be for you and fans like you, all my work is a chance to share elements and materials that normally would never be seen again..I really want to give you all these shows again with production materials that would never be released.
When you look at the extras on the "My Living Doll" set do watch the preview scene, it is from the pilot and was the national sales presentation to advertisers and channels in the CBS network.
You will note that (a) it's a different cut (b) no laugh track (c) the music cues are not final, george Greeley had not come up with the "Doll" waltz which is heard when you see Newmar, this music is very close to the work he did at Columbia Pictures on films like "Earth Vs The Flying Saucers".
Greeley was very proud of the My Living Doll theme, which unlike our My favorite Martian theme used three times more players..very elaborate..(he went over budget on it ).
And we *do* appreciate your efforts! My Living Doll is on my "must get" list which is somewhat back logged due to many really good releases this year (never thought I'd say that this late in the classic TV release game). I saw this one only fleetingly when growing up as it came on while we were at church. We'd get home in time to see the last 5-10 minutes. My Favorite Martian was on the other end of that process. I'd see the first 10-15 minutes before we'd leave for church. That's another one I'm excited about a new release on as I never purchased the original sets due to problems with manufacturing. It'll be nice to finally see what I missed all those years ago! :D

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Thank you Chertok Television. We need more people like you who care about our television heritage. Keep up the good work.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by Cees Alons /t/260678/my-living-doll/120#post_3910179
Quite contrary to earlier incorrect messages here - which have now been removed therefore - it is our member vnisanian2001 who will not be posting in this thread any further.

Thanks for understanding.

Cees
I'd like to thank Cees for taking care of the earlier disturbance in this thread. We appreciate all insiders who participate here. Personal attacks on them are not tolerated. If anyone sees one please report the post by clicking on the red flag at the bottom of each post. Chertok, my apologies, that was an anomaly. As you can see the vast majority of our members appreciate what you bring to the releases you work on as well as to the conversation here on HTF.

Chertok Television.

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Licencing Department
Thanks for this..I just want to keep classic tv fans in the loop on what's going on with shows that I have under my roof..inside information without filters..next week LA Times will be running a story with Julie and myself about My Living Doll.
Some of the info is here on this forum but other stuff will be revealed for the first time by us, in all this whole release is about getting the whole show out there..I could have waited until a full run turned up but really none of us are getting younger and I just felt now is the time for something..
I want that second set out by this time next year..fingers crossed that this will make other film prints surface..http://www.hometheaterforum.com/image/id/845796/width/353/height/480

Chertok Television.

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Licencing Department
c07ecf2d_CBS_MY_LIVING_DOLL.jpeg

John Ellis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Ellis
Just a heads up that the LA Times posted an article yesterday that fans of My Living Doll here will be interested in...here's the link:
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-living-doll-20120404,0,2666333.story

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
The interesting revelation there is that the 35mm masters were apparently destroyed in the 1994 Northridge Earthquake. I hope Peter can elaborate more on how he determined that. That would be the second instance I know of the Earthquake destroying something significant from a TV/Film standpoint, because that same Earthquake also destroyed the master reels of Elmer Bernstein's score for the 1965 movie "Hallelujah Trail".

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Jack P said:
The interesting revelation there is that the 35mm masters were apparently destroyed in the 1994 Northridge Earthquake. I hope Peter can elaborate more on how he determined that. That would be the second instance I know of the Earthquake destroying something significant from a TV/Film standpoint, because that same Earthquake also destroyed the master reels of Elmer Bernstein's score for the 1965 movie "Hallelujah Trail".
I wonder what else was destroyed? Other Chertok shows? Other Shows? Films? Raw footage?

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
It would depend on the storage facilities of the particular archive. The music for "Hallelujah Trail" was stored in unmarked boxes at MGM and were ruined by water damage due to flooding. The sad thing is those music tapes had been mislaid years earlier and were only found again a decade after the Earthquake and discovered in the ruined condition.
Obviously MGM is not where My Living Doll would have been kept since the studio had nothing to do with that show, so we'd be talking about a different facility that was affected by the quake for a different company.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Jack P said:
It would depend on the storage facilities of the particular archive. The music for "Hallelujah Trail" was stored in unmarked boxes at MGM and were ruined by water damage due to flooding. The sad thing is those music tapes had been mislaid years earlier and were only found again a decade after the Earthquake and discovered in the ruined condition.
Obviously MGM is not where My Living Doll would have been kept since the studio had nothing to do with that show, so we'd be talking about a different facility that was affected by the quake for a different company.
Yes, the situation on the "My Living Doll" episodes is different from what happened over at MGM.
I wonder what the whole story is.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Jack P said:
The interesting revelation there is that the 35mm masters were apparently destroyed in the 1994 Northridge Earthquake.".
Purportedly. The whereabouts and final disposition of the elements on this show have as many stories as there are episodes. Maybe more. Who knows where the truth lies as the only person who truly knew, Jack Chertok, took the answer with him to the grave.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Neil Brock said:
Purportedly. The whereabouts and final disposition of the elements on this show have as many stories as there are episodes. Maybe more. Who knows where the truth lies as the only person who truly knew, Jack Chertok, took the answer with him to the grave.
You might be right.
I saw this bit posted over on the Sitcoms On-Line Board, giving more information about the "Earthquake" report. Interesting.
Here is the thing this info came from a 80 year old CBS business affairs employee, it was never confirmed by anyone in the film department.. it could have been a don't want to really look for it excuse..who knows..it stills sounds odd to me..?? The search is still on at top speed..and the facts surrounding the elements from this show are a swirling mist at the best of times.
I have inventory lists from the lab..it show so many elements out there it just is amazing..a search in the Desilu holding turned up a 35mm neg for the CBS presentation(which is on the dvd).
So what's going on is changing almost every day..the one thing I do know for a fact is that all these shows will turn up at some point..hopefully sooner than later.
The point of this dvd release the show is back out there..this could be all that is needed for the rest to appear ?? I hope so..as I want to get a volume 2 out as fast as I can.
( http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/showthread.php?p=4666776#post4666776#ixzz1rKzJZwtJ )

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I'm thrilled that, thanks to a sale at DD coupled with a stackable coupon, I was able to pick up a copy of My Living Doll *far* earlier than anticipated! Now all I have to do is make time in the viewing schedule to squeeze in a few episodes! :)

Chertok Television.

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Licencing Department
Just wanted to say Hello to all and I'm still hunting for usable prints of My Living Doll in order to issue a volume 2 for 2013.
Do take a look at our My Favorite Martian season three release from MPI..I put a whole lot of great extras on it..even a lost 1966 pilot called "Man In The Square Suit"
When you see this show it uses music cues from "My Living Doll".

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Chertok Television. said:
Just wanted to say Hello to all and I'm still hunting for usable prints of My Living Doll in order to issue a volume 2 for 2013.
Do take a look at our My Favorite Martian season three release from MPI..I put a whole lot of great extras on it..even a lost 1966 pilot called "Man In The Square Suit"
When you see this show it uses music cues from "My Living Doll".
Good luck in your quest! I really enjoyed those in V1!
Are there any plans for a re-release of S1 and S2 of My Favorite Martian?

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
I really enjoyed the first volume of My Living Doll. I had never seen it before, but I had read about it. It is featured in a book called, "The Worst TV Shows Ever."
Well, I think that reputation is not deserved.
I found the series to be a very imaginative show. The writing is clever, and if you can allow yourself to accept the premise, it can be quite funny.
I especially liked the situations Bob got into because of Rhoda the Robot, and the misunderstandings that occurred.
I would definitely buy volume 2 if it comes out.

moviepas

Supporting Actor
Ok that next volume was promised but nothing more heard. Never sure those missing believed destroyed were really found and available.

As the year is ending(some say the World on Dec 21!!! Hmmmm) there are a couple of promises that have not got anywhere to date:

Mr Magoo: Volume 1 which was cancelled due to better material or some such thing for release before end 2012.

The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet aka The Nelsons. No more heard after a lot of positive & negatives posts.

Another fact of the year is the slower and slower(in most cases) of pre-order listings for DVD-Rs from major labels at the largest on-line store who also manufactures most of them. Not good for outside USA buyers who can't get most of them in their country like me and have to import from USA.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks