What's new

"My Living Doll" to be released on DVD! (1 Viewer)

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
I wonder what the quality of the episodes will be like, considering the mix sources.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Be prepared for something more like the 16mm print quality from a TImeless release. It'll probably look solid but not any where close to the level of detail we'd like to see and we have to alas accept that for now. I remember hearing that the only 35mm element found for the show was a CBS trailer from the Desilu archive (which I believe will be included in the set so we'll get that much of a tantalizing glimpse of what the show originally looked like).

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Jack P said:
Be prepared for something more like the 16mm print quality from a TImeless release. It'll probably look solid but not any where close to the level of detail we'd like to see and we have to alas accept that for now. I remember hearing that the only 35mm element found for the show was a CBS trailer from the Desilu archive (which I believe will be included in the set so we'll get that much of a tantalizing glimpse of what the show originally looked like).
I know to expect 16mm prints as sources - but have they done any work on them?

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
PatrickGoodluck said:
Vidfire remastering job Ala Dr. Who perhaps?
VidFire (and Livefeed) are for kinescopes -MY LIVING DOLL was shot on film

PatrickGoodluck

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Patrick
Either way I'd be just grateful to see them in 16mm, as long a they're uncut of course. Releasing this series gives us hope of perhaps seeing other lost 60's shows. Let us pray to the TV Gods.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
PatrickGoodluck said:
Either way I'd be just grateful to see them in 16mm, as long a they're uncut of course. Releasing this series gives us hope of perhaps seeing other lost 60's shows. Let us pray to the TV Gods.
There are no "TV Gods", there is only one God, the Lord Almighty.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
DeWilson said:
There are no "TV Gods", there is only one God, the Lord Almighty.
Entire pantheons of Gods pre-dated the current monotheistic notion, and are no more or less valid or provable . So, I'd be willing to stipulate to TV Gods.
As for My Living Doll... I'm looking forward to the release, I just wish more could have been found. It sounds like an interesting show, and stars Julie Newmar as an android. What more can you ask for?

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Please end that OT digression for the sake of preventing a few tempers (my own included) from flaring up any further.

PatrickGoodluck

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Patrick
Neil Brock said:
Amazing how someone making a little joke can cause such reactions. :(
My sentiments exactly! :( It baffles me as to how anyone could take my statement about “G” so literally. Yes, it was a little joke as Danny put it, or tongue-in-cheek to be more precise. I’m sorry for offending people but I’m not sorry for saying a silly innocent off the cuff remark.
Perhaps in future it would be better if I expressed myself more like Rhoda?
The Obsolete Man said:
Well then, is the poster known as Chertok Television still hanging around? I'd love to hear more from him or her regarding these releases and what went in to finding the existing prints and extras.
Chertok Television has plenty of interesting and informative things to say (good and bad news) about MLD in the thread started by PaulKTF titled “My Living Doll?” I just finished reading it, it's worth checking out. However, I refrained from making a comment on the grounds that a single word or a slightly humorous remark may be misconstrued or taken out of context. I guess this has all gotten to me, huh!? :confused:

Chertok Television.

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Licencing Department
Well,
The search continues for more episodes of my Living Doll, I would hope the dvd release may cause other prints to surface..it has but just duplicate prints so far..I keep chasing leads in the hopes for a volume two in 2013..and the story of how the show came back will be told on that second volume..

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Just a word of support - I have thoroughly enjoyed volume 1 and wish you the best on your searches.
By the way, where was the exterior of Space Research Center shot?

Chertok Television.

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Licencing Department
The Space Center was a building they found in the suburb in Los Angeles called El Segundo..where they also shot the Finding Rhoda after she wandered away segment from the pilot it was at a local Dairy Queen down the street from it.
All of the series establishing shots for the Space Center were shot on the one day..they never returned post pilot shoot.
Sadly both buildings are no more..

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Interesting. I wonder what the buildings initially were.
Thanks for the reply!

phenri

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
Hello,
I wanted to also add that I am enjoying the My Living Doll DVD set and I hope that you are able to find more episodes for another volume.
I will also be purchasing any of the seasons of My Favorite Martian that are being produced by MPI. I don't have any of the seasons yet, since the first two are out of print and the third was never produced in the US.
Please keep up the great work!

maskedmala

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Maurice
Almost 16 months later, no news about the remaining episodes of My Living Doll. Maybe someone at Jack Chertok Television Productions can give us some details

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
maskedmala said:
Almost 16 months later, no news about the remaining episodes of My Living Doll. Maybe someone at Jack Chertok Television Productions can give us some details
I think that the prospects for a second volume were largely dependent on finding the many missing episodes. There are probably a good many episodes still missing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks