1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

My Letter to Sony/Columbia Pictures in Regards to non OAR Releases

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MikeEckman, Jul 1, 2002.

1. MikeEckman

MikeEckman Screenwriter

I realize this issue has been beaten into the ground lately, however, I feel as though we should not let up our persistence to the powers that be at Columbia in regards to some of their recent DVD announcements. Hopefully I will get a response on this (I'm not holding my breath), but I just wanted to let you all know, I'm still fighting!

2. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    You wrote a thorough, well-reasoned letter, and there's no reason why they should ignore it. But that doesn't mean they won't ignore it.

3. MikeEckman

MikeEckman Screenwriter

Thanks for the compliments. I think that if all of us inundate them with countless WELL WRITTEN emails, it MIGHT have more of an effect than merely signing a petition. The key here is to be civil, and to congratulate them on what theyre doing right. It also helps to say you are a current customer. I dunno, they have got to get the message one day. Maybe they'll pull a Universal and do what they did with Jurassic Park, and keep ignoring us, but one day change their methods, but deny that we had anything to do with it.

4. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

It's obvious someone new has taken over the company recently, as they're doing pan-and-scan-only releases and changing the cover art on many previously released discs. I'd suggest getting rid of whoever's responsible!

5. Rain

Rain Producer