What's new

My letter to Ron & Tom of SVS (1 Viewer)

terence

Supporting Actor
First of all I would like to thank both of you guys for your help and outstanding customer service. Everything that heard was true, from the product and your hands on touch with your customers. I know you guys here this all of the time but I just had to echo what I have read. You know companies could learn a lot from you two and I can't forget Eric he great as well, you guys have something special keep up the good work!

Now on with my review of the 20-39 PC+, from the moment I lead eyes on this baby I knew she was something special, once I got her set up with VE put in We Were Soldiers and then I was just in amazed how deep, loud and clean the bass was when the shells were dropping! The chopper blades were taken chunks out of the air and you could feel it! U-571 Wow! There is bass in this movie I never knew was there until this baby arrived. ATOTC chapter 3 assassination attempt when the chrome shipped explodes was the true test. Every sub that I demoed would bottom out including my AR's at reference, not the 20-39 PC+; she showed no signs of wanting run out gas at all. Matter fact she looked at me as to say. Is that it?! Is that all you have to offer?! I LOVE THIS SUB! 20-39 PC+ is the real deal a true subwoofer in every way; oh I almost forgot to mention that the 20-39 PC+ is very musical as well. This is the best $847.77 I have yet to spend on my theater and I consider the 20-39 PC+ as an investment! Great job Tom & Ron on such an excellent product. I will be highly recommending your company when anyone asks me about a sub for their system. Ron you said "Get the most/best SVS your budget allows. You will NOT be sorry I promise."

You were absolutely right my friend, thanks again for all you guys help.

Ray Nist

Agent
Those guys are incredible. Tom has answered countless email from me. I keep expecting him to just say "leave me alone already!", but he keeps answering me. I am definately sold on his product and company.

--Ray Nist

terence

Supporting Actor
Those guys are incredible. Tom has answered countless email from me. I keep expecting him to just say "leave me alone already!", but he keeps answering me. I am definitely sold on his product and company.
It is unreal how these guys operate, bad customer service seems like it is the norm now with a lot of places. I'm not saying every business is this way but businesses have gotten away from good customer service which made them in the first place. So when i see great customer service i just have to comment on it, because it is so rare.

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Terence,
I will have to agree with everything you say. I have had my 25-31PCi for about 3 weeks now and everytime I watch something I think WOW this is what I was missing. I put in LOTR yesterday and watched the part in the beginning where the ring finger gets chopped off and wow I never felt bass like that before ...ouch.....the whole room was shaking.
:D

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
"Ditto" (Customer Service & Product) with terence, Ray Nist, Juan_R & ChadLB comments!! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

I always look forward to watching/hearing/feeling my new DD/DTS-5.1 DVD's (The Tuxedo; Spy Kids 2; The Bourne Identity; The Blue Crush; etc.) to see how the LFE is seamless integrated in the mix because I love the way my SVS 25-31PCi (since APR '02) ability to shake my structure, the earth, and leave an aftershock, ... which is most glorious!!! To quote "Tom Nousaine" in Sept. 1997 Stereo Review -
"No aftershock, no decay, means no lows. Contrary to popular myth, there is no such thing as a "fast" subwoofer." :eek: :D

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
SVS' reputation for unparalleled CS is well deserved. Having a great product is only half the equation to success. Great CS is AT LEAST as important as product quality.

SVS customers have been known to get emails and phone calls on weekends and even at night. When a customer is made to feel like they matter - as a person and an individual - they are far more likely to either proceed with a sale, or provide repeat business, or make glowing referrals to other potential customers.

The power of treating customers with old fashioned respect and courtesy and going the extra mile to satisfy them, cannot be underestimated. It is - IMHO - THE singular reason for SVS' meteoric success. Great CS builds loyalty - period. Many SVS owners sign themselves as customers for life, and you can count me among them.

Regards,

Ed

ErichH

Screenwriter
I experienced the same GREAT CS from SV.
Buying American feels good too.

You'll notice other companies like Rocket and ACI following the same model.

Treating people well breeds trust.

Eric

Steve Morgan

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
Tom and Ron are true professionals! I work 24/7 myself being in the service industry ( Tennis teaching Professional) and know what demands are made of time and patience. I have purchased a 20-39pc and it was a very easy experience. This past weekend after a week of having trouble connecting on e-mails and not being able to get a fax through Tom said he would call me when and wherever. This e-mail was received on Saturday night at 10:30. Sunday at 12:44p.m. I got a phone call from Tom and he answered all my questions about the B4+. There are not to many companies that I now that offer this unparalleled CS. I tip my hat to Tom, Ron and the SVS staff! BTW Tom I had a liver biopsy Monday and am recovering. Waiting on your quote.
Thanks,
Steve Morgan

Jim Carr

Stunt Coordinator
I own one and every single buddy of mine I help build a HT for, I always demand they get an SVS, it's not even a question! this year I'll be moving into my new house (alot bigger) and I can't wait to get a 2nd!!!!!!

the only thing better than an SVS sub, is TWO SVS subs!!! :)

Jim

Mike_T_

Stunt Coordinator
I'm certainly intregued by these things. I currently have a Paradigm PS-1000. For movies, it can rattle the foundation and I rarely have it turned up more then 40% or it's too much bass. For music however, it could be MUCH better, tighter more defined. Still, would an SVS REALLY make that much of a difference with movies, if my current sub can break windows/eardrums???

Juan_R

Supporting Actor
There is only one way to find out, try one and hear or feel for yourself. SVS has a 45 day money back guarantee so if you dont like it you can always send it back. I would just e-mail the guys at SVS first with your room size so they can recommend the right sub for you.

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
For music however, it could be MUCH better, tighter more defined. Still, would an SVS REALLY make that much of a difference with movies, if my current sub can break windows/eardrums???
It's funny - much of the talk surrounding SV subwoofers centers around how powerful they are. And yes, they are capable of significantly higher SPL than the vast majority of their like-priced competitors. It's really no surprise if you think about it - a top shelf driver with a high xMax and Vd, coupled with a large enclosure, lots of tuned vent area, and a suitably powerful amp.

What IS the surprise is how GOOD these SV subwoofers really do sound, and I think this is where Tom V and crew have really sweat the details on the design end of the spectrum.

It's easy to make a vented subwoofer pound; it's damn hard to make a vented subwoofer sound as good as a sealed design - and SVS has pulled it off as well as, or better than, any of its direct competition. The transient response and group delay characteristics from SV subs comes darn close to an acoustic suspension design, and that's really saying something. When you factor in the much deeper extension and much higher volume capability over the comparable acoustic suspension design - you have a real winner for both HT AND music.

SV subs are not "one note wonders"; they render all source material with accuracy - and even the delicate timbre of acoustic bass guitar, orchestral kettle drums, and the pipe organ is faithfully reproduced. One listen to the soundtrack from "The Gladiator" through my 20-39PC+ convinced me that these fine subwoofers take a back seat to no one in the music department.

Regards,

Ed

Ray Nist

Agent
I just ordered a 16-46pc+ at about 2:00pm EST. I let Tom know that I placed the order via email as I have been communicating with him the past week or so, and he said he was just packing it up to send it out today. This was around 3:30pm. I just got the confirmation email that it will be delivered TOMORROW!!!

I guess that is the benefit of living less than 100 miles from them.

I can't speak highly enough about Tom V and the SVS staff. It was a great buying experience.

--Ray Nist

Mike Sloan

Second Unit
I have dual VTF-3's and am completely satisfied...a matter of fact, they exceed my expectations on a daily basis. That being said....I have had the opportunity to hear both the 25-31PC+ and the 20-39PC+ over an extended period of time and must say that the 20-39 (in particular) exceeds the performance of the VTF-3 in both Film content...and more surprisingly...music??!! I think HSU should beef up the VTF-3 if they want to stay competitive. They have made a few changes to the amp...but the changes are more to improve longevity than performance. I thought I would pass this along...as long as we are having an SVS love-fest....now can we get back to comparing the B4+ to the EVEREST...just kidding. :)

Steve Morgan

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
Wow! My head is spinning. As you can see in a previous reply I think SVS is a great company with a great product. I am currently in a decision mode. I have about 8000 cubic feet to fill with bass. Currently I have a Paradigm Servo 15 and a Von Schweikert S/3 sub. They do a could job and at reference levels I sometimes feel the bass and for music they are very, very good. I still feel that I could get that hit you in the chest bass that so many talk about. Tom and staff have been great about answering my questions about the B4+. They even said the 600 watts that I had open on 1 channel would give me excellent response. Kyle has also been good about my inquires into the Denali (Everest is to big,SAF) and so has Kevin with his new sub,alas don't forget about Brian to. With the money that I will spend after spending 11k on my system this is huge decision! I know about return policy but with the size of these subs you could almost buy a 20-39 or like sub with the shipping charges. I guess I'm just thinking out loud to get some feed back. Sorry this is off topic but the sub people are reading this thread.
Thanks,
Steve

Mike Sloan

Second Unit
Steve:

Have you thought about the option of going with (4) Ultras powered by a Crown K2? I think this would have more output than both a B4-Plus and the Everest. Something to think about...since you have already stepped off the edge....see ya at the bottom!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks