What's new

My LCD Monitor had a yellow tint (1 Viewer)

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor
I have a Dell LCD flatscreen monitor that turns to yellow tint, then back to normal. At first it would happen once a month for a few minutes, but now its happening all the time. I bought it as a refurb, so there is no warranty. Does anyone know what could be causing it and if its worth getting serviced?

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
First I'd make sure the video cable is tight on both ends -- unplug it and plug it back in and screw it down -- or try swapping it for another. Unlike a CRT which has a single set of RGB guns, each pixel on an (active matrix) LCD is controlled independently, so it's unlikely that they'd all go bad like that (unless the connector itself is bad).

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor
I think that may be the culprit. It happened again so I wiggled to connection to the video card and the problem stopped. Now all I have to do is figure out if the connector on the monitor or the video card is bad. Thanks for the suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks