What's new

My Lcc Is Complete!!!! (1 Viewer)

Allen Ross

Supporting Actor
YEAHHHHHH!!!!

Built to Adire specs, with MDF enclosure painted with Rustolium satin black. With 3/4" Baltic Birtch 13 ply for the driver board, used a BEHLEN Solar-Lux™ Stains in red mahogany that some one recommended from woodcraft.com and 7 coats of wipe on satin poly from Rockler.com.

I constructed the pressure rings from 1/2" BB ply and a few intimate hours with my router. I ascetically I think it adds so much to the enclosure.

One thing that I would have done different, I was a little cheap and used the same stainless steel hardware on the AV8's that I used on my Crown Rack, which means that I had to bend my arm and reach in and hand fasten the lock nuts behind the driver board, granted I saved 10 bucks or so but it took me a 45 minutes to get both drivers in.

I finished it last night, after a few hours soldering and assembling in the hallway of my dorm and sadly it was quite hours so I couldn't really hear what it sounds but tonight I will let her breath and hook it up to the DC300A

Jeff shark

Grip
Looks very nice man!
I really like the trim rings!

I built an LCC a few months ago (enclosure from acoustic-visions...I miss having a tablesaw), it's definately a great center channel.

Ryan T

Second Unit
Wow awesome work! Those rings around the woofers make it look very professional. Too bad you didnt make one for that ugly pin cushion frame midrange :D.

Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks