What's new

My latest Project...Audax HT mains *Pics* (1 Viewer)

Brian Steeves

Second Unit
I am nearing completion of my latest project, a set of Joe D'Appolito designed L&R main HT speakers and a pair of matching stands.
After finishing the speakers themselves I discovered one of the mid-woofs had a bad VC, so I had to send it back (still awaiting replacement
frown.gif
).
I am still working on the stands at the moment. The one in the picture has had one treatment of Watco Danish oil..one more to go then a good coat of Mylands paste wax to bring it up to the shine you see on the speaker.
This picture is just a tease for now. I will be posting more when I finish everything.
Teaser Pictures
------------------
My Home Page

BrianMu

Stunt Coordinator
Wow! If they sound half as good as they look, you're in for a real treat. Nice job!
Brian

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Absolutely gorgeous!!
BTW, where did you get all of the info for making these Audax speakers? I've heard so much praise and was just wondering if I should build these or the Dayton III's. Any suggestions?
------------------
God bless!
jeffrey noel
My DVD Collection

greg jones

Stunt Coordinator
I haven't heard the Audax design, but I built the Dayton III's and they sound incredible. I haven't finished the cabinets yet (they are behind a acoustically transparent curtain right now). In my case, cost was a limiting factor. The Daytons can be built for less money than the Audaxs. As I said above, I haven't heard the Audax design, so I can't say if the cost savings/performance tradeoff is minimal or signficant.
I can't help but think that either design is definitely worth the time and money to build. Plus having the satisfaction of saying that you built the speakers yourself is worth all the effort.
------------------
Greg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks