What's new

My last single day.... I'm getting married tomorrow (1 Viewer)

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
Well in about 29 hours I'll be a married man, doesn't seem too crazy, just tons of friends and family showing up in town today and tomorrow. As far as I can tell the only major differences will be I get to wear a ring on my finger and my insurance rates will go down :)
Should be fun ;-)
Brian

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Congratulations Brian. After 18 years of marriage I can tell you it has it's ups and down. Stick with it and don't give up when you hit your first hurdle.

Ryan Potts

Stunt Coordinator
So far Brian, after 3 weeks, the only difference I've noticed is the ring. Although the whole thing is still sinking in....

before I forget congratulations!

Jeff Pryor

Supporting Actor
I just celebrated my 5-year anniversary to my 2nd (and last) wife yesterday. Marriage is a wonderful thing, good luck and remember the woman is always right even when she's wrong.

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Brian, so sor...uh, I mean congratulations.:D Seriously though, I hope everything turns out great for you and your wife.

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Congratulations! Nearing my fifth anniversary...while no marriage is without hiccups, I'd have to say my marriage is better now than what it was 5 years ago. Yes, it can happen.
So don't listen to all of the naysayers. Just lower your expectations. :D
Looks like you've got some pretty grand weather this weekend. Hope it holds up for tomorrow.

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
Thanks all,

The weather is seeming to cooperate, now if we survive the rehearsal and grooms dinner tonight (the start of the onslaught of relations...) we'll be good ;-)

Brian

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Congrats, Brian.

I'll give you the advice I got on my wedding day (just celebrated our two year anniversary) - the two most important words you'll need for the rest of your life are "Yes, dear".

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I hope you did a pre nup where you keep all your dvd's and home theater equipment :) j/k

Good luck. I wish you happiness

Scott De

Grip
Hitting 5 years myself this year, and, to paraphrase something I once heard: "Love may be blind, but marriage is a real eye-opener!"...

Good luck!

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
I'm probably too late, but if part of the ceremony involves kneeling, be sure to check the bottom of your shoes before proceeding: my best man had printed HELP! on the bottom of mine. I caught it in time, because he had a guilty look on his face (probably the reason he's in jail now).

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Congrats to you and your new wife. I am recently divorced and am loving my new single life (sorry, had to be the jerk in the thread ;) ).
Anyhoo, marriage is hard work sometimes, but in the long run, it is a great thing. Good luck to you and your wife.
-Dean-

KyleS

Screenwriter
Congrats to you and your new wife. I have been married now coming on 3 years but we have been together for 8 and all I can say is it only gets better and better. :)
The only suggestion I can give you is NOT that she is always right even when she is wrong BUT that you need to pick your arguments wisely my son. ;) Seriously before you get in any argument make sure that it is for the right reasons. Is it because your feelings were hurt because you know you were right? Or maybe because you just feel combative that day, if so then forget it and just agree with her, remember that you don’t always have to be right even if you are. If you need to argue your point because it means something to you then do so but make sure she knows how you feel not just that you want to argue. If you can remember to suck in your pride and bite your lip on the Truly unimportant things then you will be better off in the long run.
KyleS

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks