My Klipsch

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by matthew_rm, Apr 11, 2002.

1. matthew_rm

matthew_rm Second Unit

I orderd Klipsch RF3II's the other day, (1400CDN!!!) and they are still not here. My dealer told me sunday, then wednesday, and now friday! I WANT MY TOWERS!

Thats a lot of money, (and a big deal) for someone working for $7.00/h 2 times a week!!!!

Oh well. I tell you how I like them when I get them. Bye

2. Chris Tsutsui

Chris Tsutsui Screenwriter

As a student, I just can't see myself spending that kind of money on Klipsch RF-3 towers. Well good luck with the hobby because it all starts here.

Did you consider cheaper alternatives? Like Klipsch Synergy or JBL studio? With that kind of money you could get more home theater for your buck.

3. matthew_rm

matthew_rm Second Unit

I want to get good stuff NOW, so when I'm out of highschool And can't afford it, I allready have it!!!

4. Doug Drake

Doug Drake Stunt Coordinator

MM - Nice purchase. If you haven't already done so, cruise past the forum at www.klipsch.com and join the crowd there, as well.
    Pretty nice folks, I hear [​IMG]
    Doug

5. Cam S

Cam S Screenwriter

I hate to tell you this, but I can get RF-5's for that price. I got my RF-3's for $850 [​IMG]

6. Marc Alexander

Marc Alexander Stunt Coordinator

Are the RF-3II's less harsh that the originals? The RF-3s seemed much more harsh than my 10.5s

7. Robert Elrod

Robert Elrod Agent

I got a pair of RP-3s from Ubid for $540 shipped, they sound incredible!

8. matthew_rm

matthew_rm Second Unit

Cam, I know there are cheeper prices. But there is a problem. No places near me sell Klipsch BUT London Drugs. I paind $1398. That is AFTER taxes, so for a chain store like that I got an allright deal. Also, they do not have them in stalk, so I waited and they were orderd.
    To get a better deal, I would have to drive 500 miles, and I just finished driver's ed.
    I would not buy speakers off the net. (Not even new) When I move, (or this city gets a good audio store, I will bu new from quality stores.) Still a youngn' [​IMG] I can't ge a credit card without a credit rating, and I don't want to pay shipping.
    I could have had the original RF3's for $700. (open box) It was in bad shape, (being a floor model at a store that sells tampons 10 feet away) And The cones were all dented. I wanted the box UN-OPENED.(bad experinece with opend RB5's)
    I will go away this summer where I may buy a reciever and a center speaker. (not from a chain store)
    Other then that, Im VERY happy with these speakers. They rock, (in more ways then one) I wouldn't think of buying anything else. (well, RF7's)
    --------------
    I find the RF3's harsher then the new II's. I don't know why, but the new ones are "warm" yet still sound LIVE to me. Mabey its the monster cable, or the electronics. Or the room. (or all 3) Anyways, unless you are powering your Towers with technics or Bottem end sony, they should not be bad at all.
    -------------
    Doug, I am allready on the Klipsch Forum[​IMG]