What's new

My kids are hooked on Star Wars (1 Viewer)

Coressel

Supporting Actor
"All of that mystery and excitement will be lost after watching I-III."

My main point really is that we have not yet seen Episodes 2 and 3, so it may not be totally spoiled. That's why I think it would be interesting to show them to kids in the future in order just to see what happens. I don't know what the effect will be, but I'm sure it won't melt their brains.

And, as I always say, it is STILL a major dramatic moment when Luke hears Vader say what he says in ESB. Also, it was not a big suprise to everyone that the little green dude was Yoda. His picture was on magazine covers in early 1980. And again, it's Luke's reaction and realization that makes the moment work, not just the audience.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Episode Order: Viewers will not know the fate of Anakin like all of us do. That in itself might negate the Vader/father issue.

And... since we have not yet seen Episodes 2 and 3, how do we know that Vader's revelation in Episode 5 won't still be a revelation?
I disagree. I think by the end of Episode 3 the audience will know that Anakin is Vader. Otherwise, the Vader/Ben duel in ANH would be meaningless. Vader says to Ben "When I left you, I was but the learner, now I am the master."

None of that would make sense unless Obi-Wan knew that Anakin was Vader.

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter
Real Name
Aaron Reynolds
Why? Vader could have been a different person from Annakin -- someone else that Obi-Wan trained. After all, Obi-Wan tells Luke that Vader murdered Annakin.
We've spoiled the new trilogy for ourselves, I think, by not waiting twenty five years to view it from the beginning. ;)

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
We've spoiled the new trilogy for ourselves, I think, by not waiting twenty five years to view it from the beginning.
The important thing is that Luke does not initially know who vader is, not the audience. I don't see anyone complaining that Yoda's performance in TPM spoils the fact that he acts like a dumbass in the beginning of ESB. :D

Adil M

Supporting Actor
Really bad hypotheticals -
Anakin is a schizo.
Me, Myself, and Padme.
Jar Jar overcomes his eating disorder and becomes Jabba.
The Jedis are a group of introvert homosexuals...
Ooh, Han is Qui Jon's grandkid. I don't know how? I just hypothesize.
Jedi clones kick the crap out of the Jedi council.
The emperor dresses up as Padme and seduces Anakin turning him to the Dark side :).
The Jedi plans to a device intended to safeguard the Federation is twisted into the Death Star.
Qui Jon is turned into a partially functioning pre-Vader.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks