My Kenwood 6070 takes 2 minutes to work!???

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Chris Ramirez, Oct 19, 2004.

1. Chris Ramirez

Hi everyone, I have a problem with my receiver and I hope somebody might understand this problem! A few months ago, my Kenwood 6070 doesnt work immediately when it is turned on.

The thing is, I turn it on, no sounds come out of it, everything else n the receiver seems to work except the lack of sound! Only after a minute or so of being on, the sound comes on.

If however i turn it off however and then turn it back on, it will take another minute or so for the sound to come back! Also this applies to all input settings like the AM/FM radio, TV, xbox etc.

Anyone heard of anything like this? It's a real pain in the ass to have to "warm up" a receiver, it sure tells me something is wrong. Any comments will be helpful, Thanks -Chris-

2. Andy Goldstein

Andy Goldstein Stunt Coordinator

does it make a click sound when the sound comes on? if so, thats the protection relay closing. it should only take a few seconds. try disconnecting all your speaker leads setting the volume low, and turn it on. listen for how long it takes for the relay to close. if it only takes a few seconds, start connecting your speakers back (power off), one at a time to see if one of them is causing the problem.

ag.

btw, i have a 6070 too. its great! [​IMG]

3. Chris Ramirez

Hi Andy, thanks for responding!, Yeah it does make that click two seconds after turning the receiver on, but it doesnt make any sound (speakers)immediately after the click.

Only after leaving it on for about a minute and a half does the sound just suddenly appear out of knowhere with no warning. Thanks for the response,
    -Chris-

4. Andy Goldstein

Andy Goldstein Stunt Coordinator

probably not the protection circuit then. thats an odd one. wish i could help you more, but i havnt got a clue. i dont suppose its still under warentee?

ag.