My JVC HR-S7800 from Crutchfield arrived!!!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by SteveSpoon, Jun 13, 2002.

1. SteveSpoon

SteveSpoon Stunt Coordinator

Feb 12, 2002
    Ordered Monday afternoon, BBT shows up Wednesday with VCR!! Wow, they are fast shippers. Received free shipping to boot.

Bought their "Scratch and Dent" VCR. I can't find a thing wrong with it. It had been out of the box, but was nicely repackaged and had all the accessories. Unlike some places I buy from (Ubid in particular), Crutchfield double boxed the unit. Nice touch. I'm running it thru its paces to make sure everything works the way it should, but so far so good. Crutchfield will take it back (and they pay shipping!!) within 30 days, so got lots of time to mess with it. For 169 bucks, am very happy.

Many thanks to those who responded to my earlier post, my quest for a nice VCR for 200 bucks or less. And am especially grateful to the individual who who gave me the link to the scrath and dent at Crutchfield.

Picture quality is very good, better than my regular HiFi Panasonic. Looks real good on my old RCA big screen. I especally like the front jacks on the other 100 dollar vcr's don't have this and I really like this feature.

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for all the help.

2. AaronD

AaronD Stunt Coordinator

Dec 4, 2001
    Glad you are happy so far... I was indecisive about which VCR to get until I found the scratch and dent items that I showed you. I haven't had a problem and have no blemishes that I can find on my unit. Hopefully you will have similar luck. If anything it's brought new respect for crutchfield, I especially like the free cable labels they sent with my unit, those rock!
    p.s. a good place to buy tapes: