What's new

My ISF Calibration (1 Viewer)

Tim Jin

Supporting Actor
Well, I had my Panasonic PT47X54 calibrated by Gregg Loewen.

He mentioned how the tv was well built.

He is truly a nice guy.

He took about 4 hours to calibrate the set. The end result is, I am no longer using my big screen as a lamp.

The picture looks more natural now. It takes time of getting use to because all of the default settings was set so high. My greyscale was nowhere close to calibration standard. The blacks looks black now, instead of being off color.

Removal of the anti glare screen took about an hour with my set.
We were very pleased with the end result.

I would write a lot more, but I really want to watch Star Wars.

Gregg is an excellent guy. He is very easy to talk to and tells you the process of calibration.

Its worth the milk money :).

Thanks Gregg!!!

Tim Jin

Supporting Actor
After watching Star Wars, I could not believe how the picture looked amazing. I couldn't believe the colors and the detail. The picture looked so good that I thought that I was watching HD. It's awesome!!!

Before ISF, I used Avia to calibrate the set. From my eyes, the set was pretty good. A lot of contrast and bright. Gregg noticed that my whites were way off. They were blueish white and the greyscale was way off the chart.

I can't believe the details that I'm seeing with a lot less contrast and brightness. We are so use to watching TV so bright, that most of us can't see the true picture.

ISF isn't for everyone and the new calibrating settings takes time of getting use to, but if you have a good source material, you will see what you have been missing.

Thanks Gregg.

David_MSP

Stunt Coordinator
Very glad to hear you had such a positive experience. Sounds like another satisfied customer!

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
One day I would love to use a real ISF calibrator, to wit Gregg Loewen, until then it took me a while also to get use to the levels that was far from what the factory defaults were. On my Toshiba 32 inch t.v. black levels were easy to get to via VE but on a RPTV (Sony 51 inch) it was a bit tougher task to get there. As I was watching Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla, watching it with brightness and picture/contrast a bit high but after the adjustments with VE the blacks are more black rather than a black blueish tint and the detail and picture at first appeared not bright but after your eyes are adjusted it was even better to watch. I switched to broadcast and the picture was smooth and warm and color detail was quite pleasing. Anyway, Gregg soon I'll be contacting you, just have to wait a while and get my ducks in order.

Tim Jin

Supporting Actor
The big change is getting use to of standard def channels. My eyes still haven't adjusted yet. The picture looks dim and dull at times, but I had too much color before.

I'm very impress with 1080I and 480P. The colors stands out.

The only down fault is, I now see how bad is some of the transfer being broadcast in HD and also on DVD.

Star Wars really blew me away. It looks that good.

I'm happy that Gregg suggested that I do partial inner lining of the gun, so that the light of the gun won't reflect as much.

One thing to note, when Gregg was doing his work in the Service Menu, he mentioned that the settings were mislabel for the Red Cut and etc. Luckily, Gregg knew what he was doing.

PS.
Gregg, I'm getting tire of mentioning your name over and over . Enough mad props for you :).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks