What's new

My integrated Home Theater. (1 Viewer)

djsHTnut

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Daniel
I've finally gotten my home theater ready to take some pictures. I don’t have the room to make a dedicated Home Theater, so I've done the best I can. Currently my Setup has to fit with the dining area, which also includes my wife’s Upright Baldwin Piano. My current equipment is:

TV- Sony 36"
Mains- Pair of SDAT 4-Way Floor Speakers (I know they may not seem like they are worth anything, but I found them on overstock for $199 and they have the design and driver system I like, so I got them and they sound great, I am thinking about upgrading the tweeter, but everything else on them sound great too me)
Center-Infinity Beta 360 (This thing has a ton of power and depth)
Surrounds- Kenwood KS-908 speaker system ( I chose these for the style, price, and overall performance)
Sub- Sony SA-WX700 (Dual 10", picked this up one day at Circuit City for $112, it was the last one, at the time I had an MTX 12" sub, but couldn’t pass up the price)
Receiver- Pioneer VSX-1016TXV-K (This receiver is an excellent value)
DVD Player- Sony DVPNC85HB 5-Disc player
Misc.- I also Have an Xbox (not Pictured) and a Game cube

In the future I plan on upgrading to a Widescreen HDTV. I don’t plan on changing any of the speakers anytime soon, although I am going to be adding another SA-WX700 sub. I have been looking and auditioning speakers all over to replace the SDAT speakers, but I haven’t found anything from any brand that are worth paying the $600-1400 price tag. For now the sound flows smoothly for movies and sounds great for the music I listen to. One day I will buy a complete matching set, but first I want a new Widescreen HDTV.

I like a lot of the set ups everyone out there has, but this is what I have to work with, so I am very pleased with it. Let me know what you guys think.

MACPUN

Agent
Real Name
Mike
Nice set-up......... A larger HDTV should go with your rock'n sound.:cool:

Which HDTV are you planning to go with?

djsHTnut

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Daniel
I have been looking at a 60" Toshiba, but there are so many choices. It also seems each brand has TV's that get a lot of good things said about them and a lot of bad things at the smae time. So I am still confused as which TV to get.

Have any suggestions? I do want at least 50" and would like 1080P capability.

MACPUN

Agent
Real Name
Mike
I'm not an expert but I like the Sony, Mitsubishi and Sansung HDTVs. Mostly I like the Samsung becuz I have one!:P Just like you said, all of these HDTVs have their pros & cons. Just go with the one you like the most and enjoy it....... Good Luck!

zmurphy

Grip
Real Name
Zach
Looks like a nice setup. did you replace the MTX 12" w/ the Sony 10" ? if you did, was there something wrong w/ the MTX (blown sub, bad sound)?

djsHTnut

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Daniel
I still have it. I am letting my Brother borrow it. When he is done I will try to use both. I think the MTX plays louder, but the sony plays deeper. I like both though. I wouldnt pay the 299 retail for the Sony sub though, I only payed $112 plus tax. I still very much like the MTX. I have contemplated letting him use the Sony and getting another MTX for the other side. Do you have an MTX sub?

zmurphy

Grip
Real Name
Zach
No i don't have a MTX sub right now. my distributor carries them so i can get a pretty good deal on them. i was thinking of getting one for my living room to replace my old cheap klh (which sounds really good for $ and has lasted me for 6 years).

djsHTnut

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Daniel
I had a 10" KLH sub, which I agree sounds great for the money, I think $70 at BJ's Wholesale one time. I would still have it but I let my Brother-In-Law have it, He had a weak passive sub from a HTIB, so I let him have it. I also think the MTX subs are a great value. I would buy another KLH or MTX if I can find one on sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks