My Integra remote also controls my Onkyo receiver!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Rick_Brown, Oct 9, 2003.

1. Rick_Brown

Rick_Brown Second Unit

I'm using my Integra 6.2 receiver as the heart of my HT system and my old Onkyo 525 pro-logic receiver to drive outdoor speakers. After hooking it up I've discovered that when I use my Integra remote it controls both receivers at once - which is bad, as I don't want to adjust both volumes at once.

I guess that Integra and Onkyo use the same remote codes? Seems dumb, as now I've got to replace the Onkyo with another brand.

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Intregra/Onkyo appear to be from the same manufacturing house. Think of Integra:Onkyo as similar to Lexus:Toyota.

3. Vincent_S

Vincent_S Second Unit

I am pretty sure Integra is the upper end of Oknyo. Same company.

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Wow, I thought this was quite common knowledge that they were the same company...

Rather than buying a whole new receiver, unless you are looking for an excuse, would be a piece of TAPE over the IR receiver on the 575, unless you will use both at the same time for different things.

5. Rick_Brown

Rick_Brown Second Unit

John, I was indeed aware that Integra and Onkyo were related. My surprise is that they use exactly the same codes for two receivers that were manufactured at least 4 years apart. It still seems amazing to me that by design they are preventing buyers from deploying 2 pieces of their equipment in the same room.

Sure I can put a piece of tape over the sensor but then I lose the very thing that I want - independent control over each receiver. (I use a rack in a closet with xantech remote sensors in every room.)