My initial review on the Krell Showcase

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by TracyB, Jul 2, 2002.

1. TracyB

TracyB Extra

I received it Monday after 8:30 pm, damn UPS. I didn't set it up until after 11pm. Im using single ended interconnects until I get my balance connectors. Im coming off a H/K 2.0 and let me say there is no comparison. It sounds like a blanket was removed from covering my speakers. The setup menu was pretty straight forward. After setting the speaker distance I went to the level calibration and must say I had to turn all the levels down to -10db to get it at 75. It was getting kinda late so I didn't go further into the menu. I started out with a music DVD Kenny G live. Let me say my system is alive. I heard things that I haven't heard before. It was amazing. The clarity was beyond anything I heard in my system. I had a Onkyo 797, H/K 520 and a H/K 2.0 and this blows them away imo. I didn't get around to play any CDs or mess with the room eq. but it sounds great with the current setup. I will have more details later.

2. Matt Gordon

Matt Gordon Supporting Actor

Sounds great! I haven't heard this unit yet, so I look forward to seeing a full review.

And BTW, once you get the balanced interconnects, there will be another blanket removed from your speakers. Have fun!

3. Dave Herkert

Dave Herkert Agent

Glad to hear good news about your new Krell. It sounds much like my experience when I got my HTS.
    It was a wholesale improvement to my entire system. I am a "combo" user (HT/2CH) and it suits those needs well too.
    Huge improvement in my subs too - almost like getting new subs! I never realized how impure the H/K receiver signal was, until I got the Krell.
    How about that Krell bass?!?!?! [​IMG]

4. Bob-N

Bob-N Supporting Actor

Looking forward to more impressions later. What equipment are you using with the Showcase?

5. TracyB

TracyB Extra

My system consist of Divas 6.1, R3, C3 and a Hsu-vtr2 sub. Sherbourn 1500/a amp. Im waiting on my Zu cable Crux xlr interconnects. I decided to go with the Monsters M series 2.4s and 2.2s speaker cables. They should arrive in a few days. I hope the speaker wires and the xlr cables make more of a difference. I also have The Kenwood DV-5700 dvd changer.