My Humble Setup(with pics)(dialup friendly?)

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Brian Johnson, Jun 23, 2003.

1. Brian Johnson

Brian Johnson Supporting Actor

I'm hardly going to call it a "theater" but this is my setup. It will probably be like this a while as I am pretty content with it. I would like a larger TV, but that can wait.
    All klipsch speakers,SVS sub,denon receiver,xbox,JVC TV,samsung nuon(waste of technology)DVD player,bass shakers in the couch(currently not powered)

Edited: Look below for link to pictures.

2. John Swarce

John Swarce Second Unit

Brian:

Nice equipment list and set-up. One question....do you find the surround speakers distracting? I am assuming a 7.1 set-up from the pictures with the surrounds directly at ear level when sitting on the couch. You might want to find a way to wall/ceiling mount the surrounds, although I can't make out what the available wall space is on either side from your pics.

Good luck!

3. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    All I see are 4 red X's.

Peace Out~[​IMG]

4. Brian Johnson

Hmm. The pictures are still showing up for me. I even cleared my cache.
    I am running a normal 5.1, the surrounds are just wired parallel.
    If anyone else can't see the pics let me know.

5. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

Nice setup...the only thing I would change if it was my setup would be the 4 rear speakers. I would mount the L/R on the sidewalls and the two back ones angled down higher up...just my .02..

6. LaMarcus

LaMarcus Screenwriter

It's a living room friendly HT, very nice looking, very neat. I'd definitely move the surrounds, when I first got into HT I used to have my surrounds like that, just be cause it was new to me and I wanted to make sure I heard them.:b

7. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    Looks great Brian.

Peace Out~[​IMG]

8. DavidVT

DavidVT Stunt Coordinator

Looks good!

However as the other posters already stated, the surrounds need an adjustment, also when funds permit, you should upgrade the rears to timbre match your fronts, you will hear a difference [​IMG] Are those fronts the RF3?

I have the 3's in a 7.2 setup and they are great!!!

9. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Brian:

You can send your equipment list and pictures to me and I will host them on HTF. A lot of times members have trouble with images that are hosted on geocities and yahoo, etc. in getting them to display on another site. The .txt works now but I am sure that they will find a way to block it soon as they figure out what people are doing.

Addendum: I have put your pictures on the HTF server and linked your post to those images. That way people can see them no matter what.

Parker

10. Tony-B

Tony-B Producer

Good job on it! [​IMG]

11. Brian Johnson

Thanks Parker. I emailed you my equipment list & the address to my site so you can add me to the list.
    You can delete those pictures off the server if you wish.

In the meantime, to make things easier heres a link to the homepage for more pictures. Here

And now. About the surrounds. I have no sidewall to the right(if you're facing the TV) The only reason I went with 4 surrounds is because I had them. Should I look at going back to the two on the sides and moving them farther out? The stands are as high as they go. Any opinions?
    As far as the speakers, yes the mains are the RF-3II, the center is a KSC-C1(mis-matched),and to that the mis-matched surrounds. [​IMG]
    I kicked my HT upgrade bug when the modify my motorcycle bug bit me. When winter comes around I will be looking to match the center & surrounds. Also looking to find an amp to power the SVS so the shakers can have their amp back.
    Anyways, you post pictures to get critiqued. Any ideas are appreciated.

12. David Preston

David Preston Supporting Actor

Looks very nice. Right now my rears are on stands like yours behind the couch and have been for a while. So don't feel bad. I will be changing rears in 2 weeks and will be wall mounting finally. Net set up and equipment list.

13. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

If there is no wall I would move the L/R surrounds equal distance on both sides but out farther like another 3-5 ft.

14. Brian Johnson

I had a question, regarding speaker placement.
    Should I move my mains further out to the sides? If I move my surrounds out a few feet shouldn't the mains be the same distance out?

15. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter