What's new

My HT Pictures..Please comment! (1 Viewer)

scott gordon

Auditioning
http://geocities.com/cuteassgitl/scottshometheater
I finally have my own "modest" home theater pictures up.. Sorry they are so small but thats what geocites did !!.. I am finally happy with the theater, it took almost 2-3 years to get everything i wanted for now ;) .. I hope to upgrade the speakers this year and possible the receiver (need more digital inputs :) )
This is in my main living room, my room downstairs has all my media which includes almost 1000 CD's, 100's of tapes, albums and almost 100 DVD's...
Best bargain was the audio rack which i paid $30.00 for at a recovery sales outlet place, nothing wrong with it at all and it was already built!!!!
Thanks to HometheaterForum for their great forum.. It helped me make my purchase of the HDTV and i wont buy anything till i hear from all you experts...
Thanks Again!

Jens Raethel

Second Unit
Real Name
Jens
Nice setup!

Are you happt with your X-box?

It hasn´t been released yet here in Sweden!

We allways have to wait for the fun stuff....

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Nice HT. How is the Toshiba TV? As mentioned, whenever you are in the market for upgrades, start by trying to get a matching centre speaker to go with you Sony mains.

scott gordon

Auditioning
Thanks for all the replies... The XBOX first is a great system, hooked up to a HDTV and listening thru the dolby digital input, the picture and sound are incredible..

The Toshiba after a year and 1/2 is still going strong, i see the price has came down almost $700.00 less than what i have paid, but when watching my DVD's or playing the x-box, i cant complain...

Living in Kansas City though, i dont have anything yet planned for my High Definition viewing, no channels offer it and i cant or wont spend $$$ on a Dish just to get 3-4 channels of HDTV....

My birthday is coming up in FEB so i will probably be looking for some speakers to upgrade the system.. What do you recommend??.. I dont wanna replace the sub, but the other speakers, im up for.. So i guess 5 new speakers.. Any suggestions for the $500-$1000.00 range??..

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
I think your left and right speakers may be too close together. You may want to widen them up. Here is a good formula to follow:

distance from speaker a to speaker b = x

distance from speaker a to listening position = x(1.2)

just a suggestion, I think It may help you system have a better front soundstage.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks