What's new

My HT decision is .... (1 Viewer)

Joe_on

Stunt Coordinator
I have decided on the TSS-750 infinity speakers and the Denon 1804. Is not a perfect system. Some say that the sub that comes with it is lame and the sat frequency ratings is 120hz-20,000hz. I hope the sub which I think the frequency response is 34hz-20,000hz.At CC the price of the speakers is $699 but i can get it online for $475 and the denon i will get it at goodguys($500) b/c I dont want to take a chance of odering both online and if I have a problem with set up , i figure I can call Goodguys to walk me through it.
BTW, I research Paradigm, but the lowest set is $850 and Aethna, I heard at BEstbuy, and i wasnt too impressed and the specs were similiar to infinity.The rockets look good but the tykes was affordable but the sat only had 2.5 drivers, and infinity drivers are 3.5

What do you guys think?

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Well, I think it's best to ask about speakers in the area devoted to such discussion. The Basics area is not for seeking specific advice about specific models, but for general discussion at the general level.

Woofers do not extend out to 20 kHz, btw. And most boxes called "subwoofers" are not subwoofers (a real sub has solid response to well below 40 Hz, and rolls off gradually the lower you go).

Don't be swayed by speaker manufacturers' published frequency-response claims -- and don't be swayed by whether a midrange driver is 2.5 inches or 3.5 inches; the issue is how well the driver works within the context of a specific speaker design.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks