My house is being overrun by robins!

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Jay H, May 30, 2006.

1. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Hee hee, I mean that in a good way. I had a robins nest on my electrical line to my house for awhile, mommy robin and 2 little robin chicks that I could see everytime I walked to my driveway... They'd make a lot of noise in the morning and generally be fairly non-intrusive. After a few days I noticed they weren't there anymore so I took a ladder and removed the nest. Now, a week later, there is another nest on my house, except now on the opposite side of my house, by the front door on top of a light (gotta be careful with turning the light on, it might void their nest-owner's insurance, ya know.. fire hazard [​IMG]).

This morning I see a robin in it and it chirps if I open the front door...

Sheesh, I'm being overrun! Run away.... run Away...

Jay

2. mylan

mylan Screenwriter

At least its not a very large woodpecker. Yesterday, I saw a large one land on my neighbors deck post and began pecking. I remarked to my wife that that was one large woodpecker and she said earlier it had been pecking on a window downstairs at our house! Its a good thing it did not succeed.

3. Dennis*G

Dennis*G Supporting Actor

we had blackbirds build a nest in a pine tree next to our house. For two weeks the dog and kids could not go out because they would get dive-bombed everytime they were out there. Luckily the chicks have hatched and left and we can enjoy ourselves out there again.

4. Dennis*G

Dennis*G Supporting Actor

Double post

5. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    These guys are harmless, it seems, when there was a nest with mommy and 2 chicks by my driveway, they would simply stay very still when I would walk by. The new nest is closer to the door and to me and I think all she has done was chirp... But I hardly use the front door since it's not connected to my driveway and when I bike to work, I go through my basement...

Robins must like my red logs or they think I'm Batman.

Jay

6. Jim_F

Jim_F Screenwriter

Either that or you've got worms.

Ba-dum-bump-chhhh

7. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp
    Supporter

Russell
    I have some pretty big pine trees in both the front and back yards and their seems to be Robins in both of them. Pretty harmless, my only complaint is they chirp like crazy at the crack of dawn.

8. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay

They sure do make a racket!

[​IMG]

I don't know why I used the above emoticon, but I figured I had to use it someday, figuring it's new on the HTF...[​IMG]

Jay