What's new

My house has a reall eerie feel to it sometimes. (1 Viewer)

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Here's a semi-haunted house story courtesy of my mother, who says it happened to me when I was a toddler (it couldn't have been later than 1980).

I was out with my parents once, we were getting pizza. According to my mom, I pointed at a man in the restaurant, and said "I know him, I've seen him at home". She asked if I meant I'd seen someone who looked like him on TV, and I said "no, I saw him by the door, he plays with me". They assumed I was just making it up, and nothing more was said about it.

A few weeks later, we were out of town visiting family and friends, and mom told my story to a friend of hers, who fancies herself a bit of psychic. Well... She supposedly went into a sort of trance, and described our apartment, which she'd never visited before. She said "yeah, right by the door, next to the painting with the horses, there's a bearded man there".

Given that we did have such a painting, and that she'd accurately described the layout of the place, my mom got nervous. Her friend supposedly then spoke to the man, and asked him why he was "bothering" me. The man said he enjoyed my company, and that we talked sometimes, but that he meant me no harm. My mom's friend told the man to "stop lingering there and to move on, as he was supposed to". She says the man left the apartment. According to her (the pychic), our apartment building was built on what used to be a cemetery. I know it sounds clichéd, but there you go. There were no more incidents after that, and we moved a year or so later.

I know my mom wouldn't lie to me, even to give me a scare. Was her friend pulling her leg by drawing educated conclusions from whatever stray bits of info she had about our new place? Did I actually meet a lost soul? I don't know. But I sure am glad I don't have a direct recollection of the event *shudder*

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member

Yes. Your mom told her and forgot she did so. I mean, they are friends right? Your father may have given her the information too,when your mother wasn't there.

That's the job of a psychic...to gather intelligence on the victim oops I mean subject without the victim being aware of it, or having already forgotten, or getting a 3rd party to do the legwork (mutual friend, survey before the show, hidden microphone in the waiting room, innocuous small talk etc.).

StephenA

Screenwriter
Chester II: I'm not really upset about the house or anything. I just can't help but get an eerie feeling sometimes like someone's watching me or in the room with me when no one's there. The house just feels weird sometimes and I get over it quickly. Everyone in my family and all different friends have had the same feeling in the house quite a few times themselves. They all say it's just something about the house that gives them a weird feeling sometimes

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I guess I'll share a personal story as well, although it is not quite as amusing as the others.

For a year and a half, I lived in Thailand. After so many years living in America, my parents decided it was time to "go home". So we packed our bags and left Pikeville. That experience is a story for another day.

We leased (?) our house to another Pikeville family. They lived in it for a short period.

Supposedly (and it's a big supposedly), they thought the house was haunted. I kid you not, they said they saw the walls bleed.

We're talking about my house here. Now the possibility is so far fetched it boggles the mind. But it sounds cool.

But the room where it supposedly happened does have weird things happen. I kid you not it was about six years ago I was helping clean out my sister's room (she's a pack rat, and it's a pain in the ass to get her to be clean her room). I was throwing away some crayon doodles of her when the television came on by itself.

Now here's the eerie part. I was thinking about ghosts at the time, rolled my eyes :rolleyes:, and said, "Yo, quit it."

The television turns off by itself. I said, "Thank you." and continued cleaning up the room.

My house and I have an understanding. :)

StephenA

Screenwriter
Posted: Today
10:17 AM
Post (#47 of 48 posts)

Cees: No not only when I'm alone. Just at certain times. It's just hard to explain.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Julie, you'd really appreciate Robert Wise's 1963 classic original version of The Haunting — it is to ghost films what Romero's classic is to your fave genre. (Shameless plug: Check out my review of the DVD release in the Movies section — I'd link, but am too lazy to run a search.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks