My home theatre is progressing well....

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by AndyGas, Aug 9, 2005.

1. AndyGas

AndyGas Extra

It's mainly been done on a very limited budget - and when I say limited, I mean limited. Ebay has been a major contributor (Projector/Screen) Luckily I ain't bad at DIY either which is a big help.

Unfortunately, I can't post a link yet (as I've not reached 15 posts) but you can find my HT in the Home Theater Forum Gallery (mine is The A & J Monoplex Cinema) I need to modify a few of the pics as some aren't very good but it gives you a rough idea of what my HT looks like. If someone can post a link to it for me then that would be very much appreciated.

It's nothing as flash as some of the dedicated HT rooms I've seen on here but I live in the UK and it's not always possible to have a room that can be used solely for that purpose. My room doubles as a lounge/TV room and, as a result, I am somewhat limited to what I can do with it.

Home Theater seems to be a huge thing in the US as houses appear to be a bit more suitable (with them having large basements and such to use)

I have a few more things to do (like wire in the lights above the screen) and would like to add some ambient lighting around the edge of the ceiling to make it feel a bit more comfortable than sitting in total darkness.

I also need to lower the television slightly as it protrudes above the bottom of the screen about 3" and swap the ceiling light fitting as it hangs about 1.5" too low, thus projecting on the screen a bit at the top.

So, it's still not 100% finished yet.

The question I wanted to ask (or questions)....

Are there any members on here who live in the UK who have set up home theaters? If so, any chance you could post a few pics as I would love to see how you've created them.

Also, are there any websites dedicated to showing the stages of construction of home theaters? I like the few albums in the gallery where you see the progress from start to finish and would like to see more like this.

If I ever moved house I would try to find one with a suitable room to use for a dedicated HT - maybe an adjoining garage or a large loft. Then I'd be able to put in proper seating, controlled lighting, poster boxes etc. But for now I'll just settle for my current HT. [​IMG]

2. KeithMoechnig

KeithMoechnig Stunt Coordinator

Is anyone else getting a problem that says "URL not found" when you try to go to the HT gallery?

3. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Keith:

I moved the gallery to

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/gallery1/main.php

a few weeks ago. Try using that. Sounds to me like you are still using the old link. Do you have that bookmarked or did you get to it with a link still on the forum?

Parker

4. Foster_G

Foster_G Agent

Parker,
    I don't know about Keith and Andy, but I still get that link problem on the forum. It says the URL isn't found. Hope this helps. By the way, Andy your theater looks great. Good luck on the finishing touches and please post pics of the finished product.

Regards,
    Foster

5. David Noll

David Noll Stunt Coordinator

You will have to go to your settings page and change your link once you go to the new gallery and copy&paste it.

David

6. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer