My home theater...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by todd s, Apr 6, 2001.

1. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

My theater is in the basement. I put up a wall to seperate it from the kids side. Although it is hard to see their is a wall unit holding all my equipment with my set in the middle. I draped a black piece of cloth behind the unit to keep your eye from being distracted by the different color. As you can see the walls are covered by my autograph collection. I bought the 6 movie seats for $100.00 from someone I met on the forum. All they needed was some new paint. I built the platform to allow for better viewing. On the columns are lights I got discontinued from Home Depot for $18. They have a nice art deco movie feel to them In the back of the room is a 10x10 room video room. Or as my family calls it their local blockbuster. It is filled with over a 1000 video tapes. Mainly tv episodes. Hopefully, I will be able to replace these with dvd's [​IMG] The walls were already finished when I moved in. So the only thing I would have done differently is to put soundproofing in the walls.
    My kids love my theater. They seemed to be using it more then I do. Which I don't mind since it cost me over $30.00 to take my kids to the movies now. So I just wait and get the dvd and spend a lot less.
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/bbs/...ent/28645.html

2. Frederick_Falk

Frederick_Falk Second Unit

Very nice! I wish they had basements in Texas! Oh well, the wife has said she will let me have a spare bedroom for the dedicated HT and until then I get to drool over the wonderfull setups shown here. It also gives others a chance to compare notes as we put ours together.
    By the way, what are the room dimensions? Where did you get the chairs in the front row? Could you post more pictures?

3. Loring

Loring Stunt Coordinator

Great looking Theater.
    This is what I would like my theater some day looks like.
    Those light fixtures look very cool. You have a very clean look to the theater. May you enjoy many happy hours in your theater.
    ------------------
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    ~Loring
    • Receiver: Harman Kardon AVR65
    • Center: JBL S-Center
    • Fronts & Rears: JBL S-36
    • Subwoofer: (coming soon) Spoiler:SVS 20-39PC

4. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
  5. RAF

RAF Lead Actor

Looks great, Todd!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    ------------------
    RAF
    [Demented Video Dude since 1997]
    [Computer Maven since 1956]
    ["PITA" since 1942]
    My HT (latest update 02/05/01)

6. David Lange

David Lange Auditioning

Nice room, todd.
    Do you find that the couch in front is used first, and then people sit in one of the theater seats. Or do people prefer the theater seats?
    David