My Home Theater setup pics - I'm so proud :-)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt_Stevens, Aug 22, 2001.

1. Matt_Stevens

Matt_Stevens Supporting Actor

This is what I see when I walk into the living room. I live in an old house that has lots of rooms, but they are all small. Even the doors are small (narrow). The 47" Panny is the biggest TV that would fit in this place and any bigger, I'd be too close (I'm 7 feet, eyeball to screen).
    [​IMG] Oh well.
    Panasonic 47WX49
    Malata N996
    Pioneer CLD704
    JVC 7800 SVHS
    Pioneer VSX-D509S Receiver
    Sony SDP-E800
    ------------------
    www.deceptions.net/superman

2. DanG

DanG Stunt Coordinator

Congrats Matt. I hope they took better care with this one than your first.
    A helpful suggestion, you've got the right idea with the backlighting, bit it is a wee to high. Optimally it should be projecting from the just below your set up onto the back wall.
    Will Sears take the camera back? [​IMG]
    When you get it working, take off the flash and post a few pics right off the screen. Would like to see the Malatas ability to scale on this set.
    ------------------
    °°°Panasonic Hi&Lo Def WebPage°°°

3. Richard_T

Richard_T Second Unit

Great system Matt! Love the TV and the rack. Do you find you get enough sound from the speakers? I'm looking into a backlighting system of some sort myself. A few screenshots would be great too once your camera is fixed up. Great job Matt! [​IMG]
    ------------------
    Please visit my site at http://rickshometheater.homestead.com/HomePage.html

4. Trevor Schell

Trevor Schell Supporting Actor

You should be proud,,That's a sweet looking rig you have set up there. [​IMG]
    ------------------
    Trevor..[​IMG]
    My HomeTheater S.E. Sonically Enhanced
    Updated new pictures!

5. Matt_Stevens

DanG, when I watch movies, that light is OFF! [​IMG] My friends and family used to hate it, but they are used to it now and when I go over their homes, THEY have the lights off too! [​IMG]
    I took some pics with the flash off, but they didn't come out. Then it stopped working. Glad I had the floppy adaptor to transfer the pics to my system.
    For a room the size of mine, the JBL speakers & subwoofer almost crack my windows. They can deliver the goods. When I move into a larger place, I'll upgrade, but until then, there is no need. As of right now, people down the street can hear my system when I have an action film playing.
    Thanks for the kind words. There's nothing like sitting back in the reclining loveseat and watching explosions on my setup. [​IMG]
    ------------------

6. Steve Hauben

Steve Hauben Stunt Coordinator

Nice!
    Nice Rack!
    -Steve

7. Matt_Stevens

Thanks. I love the rack. It makes installs and removals a snap. Bloody awesome. Cost like $200 or $300 from Tweeter (don't remember the exact figure) and comes with 4 glass shelve panels. Additional panels are $50 each. Once I go DISH, I'll add a sixth panel to mine.
    I'll have some closeup shots of the rack posted as soon as I can. [​IMG]
    ------------------