What's new

My Home Theater Project... (1 Viewer)

buggs

Grip
Real Name
Scott
Just thought I would share my current project with the group. I am triming out a Media room in my home.

I started with a combined Game room/Media Room area separated by a counter. I removed the counter and built a wall the separate the two areas. I also stole an 8'x8' room out of unused attic space for a bar.

I took the week of Thanksgiving off to put do the trim work. I have about 1 more day trim and then a full day for stain... What do you think?

New door and wall leading into the game room...

106" Fixed Screen will go here...

Wall opposite of the door...

Back wall with projector shelf...

Room into the bar area...

buggs

Grip
Real Name
Scott
Equipment:

Receiver: Denon 3805
Speaker: Axiom Epic 60
Projector: Sanyo Z5
DVD Player: Waiting on the Tosiba HD-DVD A2

buggs

Grip
Real Name
Scott
No, I am an application development manager... Making sawdust has always relaxed me. Furniture and that type of thing. I just had an idea of what I wanted and did a little reasearch. It really was not that hard

As for the equipment, I have cabinets including a pantry in the bar. The equipment will be in the pantry...

king

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Arvi
Very impressive wood work. I'm sure it will look great once stained. I would love to do a project like that, if I only had the time...

It took me 6 months to complete our basement, putting in 2hrs a night after work. I'm almost there; just a few more ceiling tiles to go! Nothing beats the rewards of your own labor :)

captaincrash

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Thomas
Looks great! I'm thinking about the different design layouts and styles I might employ - and things like this are very inspiring and impressive. Thanks for sharing the photos!!

buggs

Grip
Real Name
Scott
Finished all the details last weekend... I just ran out of steam so I decided to wait until next weekend to stain.

I will post photos when I am done.

The trim itself really did not take too long, I took Thanksgiving week off and have puttered on it each weekend since.

ChrisClearman

Second Unit
that's really nice work, can't wait to see the finished product. Inspiring me to do some paneling of my own, thought I would probably stain them very very dark.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
That's some wood work, build some subwoofer boxes, and you might get some business. Excellent looking work.

buggs

Grip
Real Name
Scott
Work has taken most of my time lately... I did stain it last weekend but did not get around to putting on the Satin finnish. I will post a few more photos once the finish work is done.

I also purchased the new TIVO Series 3 - So I am looking forward to getting all the equipment put together.

buggs

Grip
Real Name
Scott
I thought I would take a few minutes to update the group on a never ending project that I presented quite a while ago. http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/...r-project.html

The room is about 99% done, I just need to complete the trim around the fabric panels. For that I need to order a special flexible trim for the arched top. I am also looking at media room furniture to replace the futon but anyway, I hope you enjoy...

Front Screen wall...

Side wall with fabric panels...

Back wall with projector location...

Back wall and bar entrance...

Bar entrance - there is a hidden door in that paneling that leads to the water heaters.

Wet Bar - the equipment is held in the pantry that you see on the right hand side...

Just a little more detail of the screen wall paneling.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks