What's new

My Home Theater Page (1 Viewer)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Will see if my dad wants to sell his especially since it is sitting in my house and he needs the money. If not and I still want one I will let you know. How much are you asking out of curiosity?

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
As soon as my new media storage arrives I will be getting rid of a small bookshelf that doesn't hold much.

20220308_101750.jpg

Bookshelf on right being replaced! Scheduled to arrive December 1st.

Will post a photo after the new media storage has arrived but here is an idea of what I purchased.

4 sided media shelf.jpg

Escape From Alcatraz on 4K blu-ray just arrived today!

Escape From Alcatraz 4K.jpg

Currently I own (Circled In Red) Halloween 1 - 5 that are Shout Factory releases on 4K bluray. I have ordered Halloween 6-7 (Circled in Blue) in a set which should arrive around November 30th from Shout Factory. Next purchased will be Halloween Kills, Halloween 2018 and Halloween Ends which will be released 1/22/23. This leaves 2007 Halloween, 2009 Halloween ll. The only part of the series I will need and I might as well shoot for it all to be on 4K bluray. Is to wait for Halloween which was released in 2007 & Halloween ll that came out in 2009.

Halloween Series a.jpg

Currently I have decided that if I get the A Nightmare On Elm Street series it will most likely be on regular bluray. I will look at what horrow movies I have in my library then see what titles I must have.

Horor Movies with release dates for 4K bluray release:

While Event Horizon is currently available the 25th anniversary will be released on January 31st, 2023.

327555_large.jpg
326536_large.jpg
325105_large.jpg
324967_large.jpg
316272_large.jpg

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Well the media storage was set to arrive 12/1 and my Shout Factory order was set for arrival 11/30. Got a nice surprise when they both arrived yesterday 11/26. Was missing a fastener and insert for the bottom plate to attach it to the bottom of the storage unit so it can rotate 360. Found a way to make it work and for anyone else looking at the same thing I highly suggest you order the heavy duty lazy susan as the one that is provided is 100% plastic. When putting this unit together make sure the twist locks are on the bottom end. This unit is to be put together upside down and the hole pattern will not line up if the unit is not oriented the correct way. Also if you are good with woodworking you might want to drill and add wood dowls between the main hight peices for extra strenth. It looks nice after being put together and holds alot of cds, dvd's and blurays.

Media Shelf

12" Lazy Susan

Old configuration media storage area.
20221125_143327a.jpg

20221126_091234.jpg

Getting this media storage center adds a lot of needed future space and enough to blend in all my movies regardless of format. And it is more of a match to what is there where the small bookshelf was not efficient and did not blend well. Another upgrade accomplished and I will add things to the home theater as I am able to do so.

Movies to be ordered this Wednesday: Depending on funds and availability and how much I spend on Christmas gifts.

294699_large.jpg
294687_large.jpg
325780_large.jpg
307064_large.jpg
322076_large.jpg
296191_large.jpg

20221126_122724.jpg

Was supposed to be assembling it upside down but this is actually right side up. Twist locks should be on the floor side when putting together.

20221126_114331.jpg

This is the one you get with this media storage shelf!

20221126_151523.jpg

New media shelf

20221126_162854.jpg

20221127_090155.jpg

Last edited:

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Currently working on getting the entire collection of Halloween movies and since there are so many on 4K bluray I have gone that direction especially since they are doing such a great job on the transfers. Just got in Halloween 6-8 and already had 1-5 from Shout Factory. There is a good chance depending on price and availability I may be ordering 11 -13 this Wednesday. Working on building a purchase list for adding more horror movies into the library. I really hope they come out with The Exorcist and all the Conjuring series that is not yet on 4K bluray.

Evil Dead 4K.jpg

Halloween 6 thru 8 4K.jpg

Future horror purchases
316272_large.jpg
325105_large.jpg
324967_large.jpg
325780_large.jpg
326536_large.jpg
327555_large.jpg
30330_large.jpg
188924_large.jpg
218687_large.jpg
256300_large.jpg
203115_large.jpg

Would like to have the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre and The Exorcist on 4K bluray.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Getting closer to all Star Trek movies on 4K bluray!

Today the first Star Trek and forth movie arrived and now I am just waiting on High Plains Drifter on 4K bluray to arrive from the latest order.

20221201_200715.jpg

20221201_203318.jpg

Not in the photo is the three Star Trek rebot movies on 4K bluray. And on the shelf above I have the original tv series on bluray. So now I am just waiting for Generations, First Contact, Insurrection and Nemesis to be release on 4K bluray. I am also hoping for any Star Trek tv series that has not made bluray to finally get that HD release. Also hoping for Star Wars series on Disney + to make it to disc so I can add it to my collection.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Todays addition arrived so another Clint Eastwood movie added to my 4K collection. The 4K bluray upgrades my old dvd copy of High Plains Drifter.

High Plains Drifter 4K.jpg

High Plains Drifter 4K DVD.jpg

Last edited:

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Need to research a new tv stand that will match the color of the speakers and media storage that can accommodate my Klipsch RC-64 lll center channel speaker and hold my Sony XBR55A9F 55"OLED. Would be nice for the tv and center to sit higher than they do currently. Still deciding on if the Atecs will get a fresh coat of grey paint of black? Looking to buy some new or used albums in very good condition in January or February. If I do not get albums maybe I might purchase a bare server rack and some shelves. Then buy to boards and layout brand logos to router through the board that will be back lit by LED's that I can assign colors to. The boards will be attached to the server rack on the sides. The a/v racks that are lockable are expensive.

IMG_2966a.jpg

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Well the library is an every expanding thing and have be doing so for some time. Funny how I started with VHS and honestly recorded most of my content at the time so I did not have many VHS movie that where purchased. I didn't start buying movies till laserdisc then that moved to buying DVD's. I have since sold off alot of DVD's that where upgraded to bluray. And now the format that dominated my library is 4K bluray.

Laserdisc 76
DVD 88
HD-DVD 69
Bluray 240 which is down from at least 270 tiles as I weeded out titles that where upgraded to 4K bluray. But now I am buying new titles on bluray so the numbers are slowly going back up.
4K bluray 352 I have passed my goal of 300 titles and now the new goal is 400 titles.

But the new total of disc is 680 titles I can actually watch. I do not have a functional HD-DVD player or Laserdisc player. And the 680 titles doesn't cover the titles I have on iTunes. I am going to have funds to buy a nice number of movies if I choose to go that route after Christmas so the numbers will be moving up again.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Just ordered the following

Highlander 30th Anniversary 4K
Reservoir Dogs 4K
Carrie 4K Steelbook
Caprica Complete Series Bluray (Battlestar Galactica)
Star Trek Enterprise Complete Series Bluray
Stargate The Bluray Collection
Framed Battlestar Galactica Cast Autographed Reprint 8 X 10

After this purchase arrives I will have the following Star Trek TV series in my collection

Star Trek Original Series
Star Trek Next Generation
Star Trek Enterprise
Star Trek Picard Season 1 & 2

Which leaves the following series to purchase some is on bluray and the rest only available on DVD. I am going to hold out a bit longer for the series only on DVD to make the move to bluray.

Star Trek Voyager (DVD Only)
Star Trek Deep Space Nine (DVD Only)
Star Trek Discovery (Available On Bluray)
Star Trek Strange New Worlds (Available On Bluray)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
4K Blu-ray titles I am staying away from.

• Giant
  • The Changeling
  • The Craft
  • Platoon
  • Fatal Attraction
  • Planes, Trains And Automobiles
  • Saturday Night Fever

On another note not pertaining to purchasing movies. I will eventually need to replace the tv stand I have had since my Sony Wega rear projection HDTV. I have since modified it to accept the previous Bowers & Wilkins center channel and now holds my Klipsch center channel. But now I need to possibly order a new grill for my center channel because one of the cats sprayed the center channel. Will see if I can clean up the grill first and if not I will order a new one from Klipsch. And the spraying has caused some damage to the old tv stand but the trick will be to find one that will accept the wide Klipsch center channel. Need to find a nice new tv stand.

Jurst ordered the following 4K titles.

Dune (2021)
The Godfather Trilogy

IMG_0648.jpg
Sony Wega with small Polk center channel.

IMG_5563a.jpg

Bowers & Wilkins center channel with 4K Samsung TV above.

IMG_2972a.jpg

Klipsch RC-64 lll center channel with Sony XBR55A9F 55"OLED 4K

Last edited:

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I was under the impression that the issues where fixed. I will return it if I find they are still there. Not sure about the Mad Max trilogy on 4K disc.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
The issues fixed on the Godfather Trilogy 4K set?

Not sure what issues you're thinking, but nothing (of the controversial remastering revisionism) was fixed after its release -- and AFAIK, Paramount has basically denied there are any issues at all contrary to RAH's increasingly vehement disagreement...

Basically, just stick w/ the old BDs if you want the most faithful presentations of the first two films (and maybe add whichever recent disc version of the 3rd film, which got recut into a final "Coda" version).

_Man_

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
So the new trilogy of Halloween arrived today leaving only two more films to add to complete the collection. So far every Halloween film that was added to my library collection was on 4K Blu-ray.

20221231_133636.jpg

The only films left to add are Halloween (2007) and Halloween ll (2009) that will complete my collection. I could add them from Blu-ray but since everything else is on 4K bluray I am hoping the last two will make 4K blu-ray soon.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
First purchases of 2023

All are on 4K bluray:
War Games
Evil Dead 2
Fantastic Beasts: And Where To Find Them
Fantastic Beats: The Secrets Of Dumbledore
Escape From New York
Matrix Resurrections

Possible next purchases:
48 Hours
Another 48 Hours
Pulp Fiction
The Apartment
Silent Running
Dawn Of The Dead

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
SciFi series continue to grow and I am still waiting for Star Trek: Voyager and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine to arrive on bluray. Would love to see Babylon Five complete series on bluray so I can add that. I will add the new Star Wars series on disc if Disney ever releases them on disc. Mmmmm what am I missing?

Want to add the following to the collection:
Lost In Space (2018)
The Expanse

Space 1999

Space 1999 Set.jpg

Battlestar Galactica

20230102_143808.jpg

20201120_133336a.jpg

Star Trek

Still waiting for Star Trek: Voyager and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine to arrive on bluray. Am deciding if I will add Star Trek: Discovery and Star Trek: Strange New Worlds to my library.

20221225_115548.jpg

20221028_191537.jpg

Star Gate

Yes I know the Stargate movie doesn't belong with the series, lol.

20230102_143148.jpg

20230102_124132.jpg

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
More titles arrived today!

20230103_195612.jpg

Prior to today delivery I only had Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald

20230103_200921.jpg

Last month and this month I added Evil Dead to my collection.

20230103_201707.jpg

I have owned The Matrix starting on DVD and moved on to HD-DVD and now all on 4K Blu-ray.

20230103_201009.jpg

Sometime within the next few months I intend to add Escape From LA to go with Escape From New York.

20230103_195709.jpg

Yes I have been adding almost all 4K Blu-ray but I will be creating a separate Blu-ray purchase list and standard Blu-ray will be added to the library. DVD is another story and will be rare additions even though there are far more titles available on DVD. Maybe even titles that may or may not make it to HD Blu-ray and especially not 4K Blu-ray. Not saying never getting any more titles on DVD but they will most likely be rare. There will be more purchases of digital titles but physical media is my focus.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks