What's new

My Home Theater Page (1 Viewer)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Trying to decide on using the Klipsch RP-600's as Atmos speakers or getting the Klipsch RP-500SA's. Also thinking about adding a Zappiti Pro media player and a Zappiti NAS or leave the configuration alone. Other than replacing the Advent Marble speakers with the Klipsch which needs to happen.

Advent Marble
IMG_4116.JPG

The SVS PB-16 Ultra has worked out better than I had hoped! The bass is solid, controlled and adds the impact I am looking for. So far the best subwoofer I have owned and while I was doing my research it obviously was the one that got my cash. There where a number of subwoofers I was looking at but the performance, specifications and warrantee was a good fit for my home theater.

20210826_175514.jpg

IMG_0112v.jpg

Bass is deep and powerful without being overly boomy since this subwoofer sports a 16" driver. Bass is also tight and controlled much more so than the 15" HSU. My former HSU was not to bad but this SVS rules over the HSU that is for certain. The ability to use an app on a smart phone to control the subwoofer is actually nice to have. Since purchasing the subwoofer I upgraded the feet to help decouple the subwoofer from the floor. This subwoofer has received a number of reviews for a number of sources and this is one serous extreme subwoofer. Sure there may be some options for more insane bass but this subwoofer by itself delivers! Highly Recommended!

My short list when shopping for a subwoofer:
Klipsch
REL
SVS
Monolith
M&K
Martin Logan

After living with the SVS since 5/7/21 if I had a bigger room and the finances I would not hesitate to purchase a second SVS PB16 Ultra! Also nice that the subwoofer has XLR inputs if I upgrade my Marantz SR-8012 to a preamp processor XLR outs would be a serious consideration. I have already achieved the goal of 300 4K blu-rays before 1/1/22 and keep adding 4K and standard blu-rays when I can and leave options open for digital versions of movies via iTunes. I also continue to be impress with my Panasonic DP-UB9000 4K UHD Blu-ray Player I do not think I could have made a better choice. Yes there are a few other choices and I know the Pioneer and Sony make good choices to not to mention the model below my 9000 by Panasonic is a good choice as well. Originally before the end of Oppo I was looking to get that player but support and warrantee was important moving forward after Oppo shut down player support. There is a new player made by Reavon but I am more than happy with my Panasonic DP-UB9000 and not sure there is any real difference in performance to warrant the higher price tag.

I guess on a day I am board I could do some research and make a short list of preamp processors that I would consider if and when I upgrade my 8012. But do I really need more than what the 8012 offers me now that is the real question. And should I add a media player with a NAS to my home theater. I know one thing is that the Kaleidescape is not in the cards financially! And as much as I love my Sony XBR55A9F 55"OLED I do wish I had that big screen experience for now projection with the cost of an acoustically transparent screen are also not in the cards. If finances improve then I may very well be looking at 4K projection with a nice screen. But for times I am not going to fire up the projector then the Sony OLED would still need to be in the configuration.

So many choices and like many of you on this site this is such a fun hobby.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Correction to 4K title count as of 12/24/21

4K Blu-ray Titles Current Count 303 (To be verified tomorrow morning.)
Blu-ray Titles Current Count 274
DVD Titles 165
iTunes 453
Laserdisc Titles 67
Total titles 1,242

4K library will go from 303 if accurate to 307 after the next delivery of movies arrive.

On order 12/24/21 all 4 on 4K Blu-ray!
Cry Macho
No Time To Die (This will complete and bring my 007 library current until they make another 007 movie! )
F9: The Fast Saga (This movie almost makes my Fast & Furious collection complete as I have purposely left out Tokyo Drift)
Venom

Titles currently on my purchase list, some are coming soon to 4K video. Not a complete list as there are a number of older movies on Blu-ray including some TV shows.
Mad Max Anthology (Once the corrected discs are available) (4K Blu-ray)
The Last Dual (4K Blu-ray)
Jungle Cruise (4K Blu-ray)
Mulholland Drive (4K Blu-ray)
The Hills Have Eyes (4K Blu-ray)
Invasion Of The Body Snatchers (4K Blu-ray)
Shang-Chi And The Legend Of The 10 Rings
Dune (4K Blu-ray) 1984
The Wolf Of Wall Street (4K Blu-ray)
Pirates Of The Caribbean: Curse Of The Black Pearl (4K Blu-ray)
Dune 2021 (4K Blu-ray)
Halloween Kills (4K Blu-ray)
The Great Escape (4K Blu-ray)
The Punisher (4K Blu-ray) 2014
Ghostbusters: Afterlife (4K Blu-ray) ???
Some Like It Hot (4K Blu-ray)
The Howling (4K Blu-ray)
Escape From LA (4K Blu-ray)
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (4K Blu-ray)
The Apartment (4K Blu-ray) 1960
Shooter (4K Blu-ray) 2007
An American Werewolf In London (4K Blu-ray)
The Sword And The Sorcerer (4K Blu-ray)
RoboCop (4K Blu-ray)
Little Rascals Vol3 (Blu-ray)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Count of 4K discs from previous count seems to be off by 1 title. But I am still over my goal of hitting 300 titles by new years day 2022.

4K Blu-ray Titles Current Count 306
Blu-ray Titles Current Count 276
DVD Titles 165
iTunes 455
Laserdisc Titles 67
Total titles 1,269

20211229_163209.jpg

James Bond Collection (2).jpg

I had Bond movies on DVD but purged them after I purchased the blu-ray set. James Bond Tomorrow Never Dies was my very first movie on the DVD format.

20211230_115126.jpg

Yes I know Tokyo Drift is not in the collection but I never cared for it so I consider the collection complete even without Tokyo Drift.

Fast And The Furious.jpg

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year!

Last edited:

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Was looking at some titles today and was looking at The Final Countdown on 4K blu-ray and the price is way to high! Amazon has it for $35.99, Deep Discount $36, Target $35.99. Going to put this one off till the price is reasonable because at the current price now way!

FinalCountdown.jpg

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
The first content purchased in 2022!

I wanted to purchase the just released Little Rascals Vol4 but I felt it was to pricy so I will wait on that one. I need to sit down and make out a list of old classic titles to pick up on blu-ray. Titles that I will not pick up on 4K bluray but are good candidates to get on blu-ray and for that to be good enough. Out of this first order for 2022 I am still waiting for The Silence Of The Lambs that will be on 4K bluray.

20220125_155959.jpg

Currently I only need vol4
20220125_160048.jpg

Finally added the second Ghostbusters to my collection and when the new Ghostbusters: Afterlife is released I will add that to the collection as well. I have no intention on adding the 2016 Ghostbusters: Answer The Call to my collection so no I will not be answering the call, lol.
20220125_160203.jpg

4K Blu-ray Titles Current Count 310
Blu-ray Titles Current Count 277
DVD Titles 165
iTunes 455
Laserdisc Titles 67
Total titles 1,274

Movies I would like to get on 4K if and when they become available:
All movies in the Conjuring universe {The Nun, Annabelle Creation, Annabelle, The Conjuring, Annabelle Comes Home, The Curse Of La Llorona, The Conjuring 2) Currently already own Conjuring 3: The Devil Made Me Do It on 4K Blu-ray.
The Abyss
True Lies
Tombstone
Open Range

Today I watched:

Pirates Of The Caribbean: Curse of The Black Pearl
HD Blu-ray
English: LPCM 5.1 (48kHz, 24-bit)

Pirates Of The Caribbean COTBP.jpg

screen_shot_2017-04-05_at_1.18.07_pm.png

The Book Of Boba Fett
4K Digital / Dolby Vision / Disney +
Dolby 5.1 upmixed to Auro 7.1

Episode 5: Return Of The Mandalorian

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Next month will be getting an internet upgrade and going from 150/150 to 500/500. It will be nice to have the extra bandwidth for streaming and downloading at the same time with multiple devices.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Just ordered:
Star Wars: A New Hope (4K Blu-ray)
Star Wars: Return Of The Jedi (4K Blu-ray)
Star Wars: Attack Of The Clones (4K Blu-ray)
The Good, The Bad And The Ugly (4K Blu-ray)
The Bridge On The River Kwai (4K Blu-ray)
Pitch Black (4K Blu-ray)

The Little Rascals Vol4 (Blu-ray)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Arrived today one day late but it arrived!

20220205_160754.jpg

20220206_094125.jpg

4K Blu-ray Titles Current Count 316
Blu-ray Titles Current Count 278
DVD Titles 165
iTunes 455
Laserdisc Titles 67
Total titles 1,281

Last edited:

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Update 2/7/22

4K Blu-ray Titles Current Count 324
DVD Titles 165
iTunes 455
Laserdisc Titles 67
Total titles 1,281

New set of incoming movies arriving today! And will be adding the Clint Eastwood westerns on 4K blu-ray in April. I preordered Some Like It Hot on 4K blu-ray and am just waiting for that to arrive.

20220207_183125a.jpg

Forgot my blu-ray copy of Rogue One in the updated Star Wars photo. Maybe one day I might actually get into Star Wars movies? ;) Will recreate the updated photo to include the blu-ray of Rogue One after I get The Empire Strikes Back on 4K blu-ray.

Star Wars 2_7_2022.jpg

For now I consider my Ghostbuster collection complete.

Ghostbusters DVD to 4Ka.jpg

I need to work on my Clint Eastwood collection as there are many of his films I do not yet have in my library! So to WB if you release Eastwood on 4K I will buy them! I believe my count of Eastwood titles are 17 movies on physical discs. coming to my library this year A Fistful Of Dollars & A Few Dollars More on 4K blu-ray!

Clint Eastwood 2_7_22.jpg

I would also love to have 4K blu-ray relases of the Lethal Weapon series!

IMG_2263a.jpg

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
The bosses son made me a plaque out of a piece of scrap aluminum which was very nice of him and it looks nice. Just have to ether decide on if it will hang on a wall or make a stand for it. And I may just paint in the letters and polish the aluminum.

20220209_180214.jpg

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
That is very cool.

I would NOT paint in the letters. I'd leave it as it is.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Hang it or on a shelf? I don't think there's a simple answer to that. I think it should just be where it's prominent and looks nice.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Hard to believe I have had my Marantz SR-8012 over 3 years already! My Marantz arrived 10/4/18 and I am just as happy with it as the day I got it. I do not see myself getting another surround receiver any time soon. I had my Yamaha RX-V995 for about 14 years before swapping it out for the Pioneer Elite SC-05 that is now being used with my PC.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
4K Blu-ray Titles Current Count 324
DVD Titles 165
iTunes 458
Laserdisc Titles 67
Total titles 1,284

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks