What's new

My Home Theater Page (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Dave: I've been away from the forum (except for some quick hits each week) for the past couple months and just got caught up on this thread. Reading over the last page of yours has been a lot of fun.

Congrats on the new subwoofer (and your constantly improving HT).

Are you moving sometime soon? That's what I just did and am in the process of re-setting up my HT and disc library (after a million other things I need to do!). Let me just say that moving sucks. That is, the process itself (packing and unpacking). We are thrilled with our new home and yard. But it is amazing how chaotic uprooting ourselves can be!

Dave Moritz

Premium
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Just ordered 4 titles from Amazon which hopefully get here Monday.
1. Little Rascals Vol2 (Blu-ray) Vol3 is set to be released this month.
2. Conan: The Destroyer (Blu-ray)
3. Escape Plan (4K Blu-ray)
4. X Men: Dark Phoenix (4K Blu-ray)

Am very interested in seeing what titles come out around Christmas and am hoping for some great 4K titles.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Continuing to expand my library as I am trying to focus a little on Eastwood & Schwarzenegger to get more of there movies in my library.

Arriving 9/6/21
20210906_144737.jpg

The Conon movie arrived with some damage to the case but since I have some blu-ray cases even though they are for 3 discs. Instead of returning it I will just swap cases and maybe later when I have single disc cases I will swap it again. Next purchases may include Little Rascals Vol 3, In The Line Of Fire (4K Bluray), Commando, Red Sonja (Blu-ray), The Mule (4K Bluray), Expendables 2 (4K Bluray).

20210906_151830.jpg

Original Case

3 Disc Replacement Case
20210906_151958.jpg

I know have Little Rascals Vol 1 & 2
20210906_145433.jpg

Dave Moritz

Premium
Real Name
Dave Moritz
My Library

4K Blu-ray Titles Current Count 282 (Verified 9/7/21)
Blu-ray Titles Current Count 272 (Count Needs To Be Reverified)
DVD Titles 165
iTunes 449 including duplicates with discs (Verified 9/7/21)
Laserdisc Titles 67
Total titles 1,235

previous counts did not count duplicate titles inside iTunes. And I need to do a better job tracking numbers of titles in my library.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Dave: I've been away from the forum (except for some quick hits each week) for the past couple months and just got caught up on this thread. Reading over the last page of yours has been a lot of fun.

Congrats on the new subwoofer (and your constantly improving HT).

Thank you so much Mike for the kind words.

I very much would like to replace the Advent Marble two way speakers that currently pull Atmos duty. I would love to replace them with matching Klipsch speakers to finish off the speaker upgrades. I am also looking forward to purchasing the new Star Trek 4 movie set on 4K blu-ray that was just released today 9/7/21.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Tomorrow my purchased 4K blu-ray of Star Trek 4 movie set should arrive. I am still debating if I really want to get Paramount + on top of everything else I have currently available.

294202_large.jpg

Currently home theater content line up:
Dish Network - Movie Channel, Showtime
4K Blu-ray, Blu-ray, DVD
Disney +, Netflix, HBO Max and Prime Video

I can get the Star Trek tv series via Netflix so besides wanting to watch Star Trek Picard what else makes it worth paying monthly for Paramount + ?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Supporter
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Tomorrow my purchased 4K blu-ray of Star Trek 4 movie set should arrive. I am still debating if I really want to get Paramount + on top of everything else I have currently available.

View attachment 113259

Currently home theater content line up:
Dish Network - Movie Channel, Showtime
4K Blu-ray, Blu-ray, DVD
Disney +, Netflix, HBO Max and Prime Video

I can get the Star Trek tv series via Netflix so besides wanting to watch Star Trek Picard what else makes it worth paying monthly for Paramount + ?
Evil is a very interesting show. I also caught up on the last few seasons of Blue Bloods. Watched A Quiet Place 2.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Arrived today!

20210921_163342.jpg

The one thing I know I need is the matching Klipsch Atmos speakers and besides that I believe that I am most likely done with upgrading the home theater for now. Wish the finances where available and I actually had the room for a second SVS Ultra PB16 subwoofer. I am sure I will survive with just one SVS Ultra PB16 subwoofer, lol. I do have HD versions of tell rest of the original Star Trek movies available from iTunes streaming to hold me over till the discs become available. I should save up to frame my reprint Star Wars 1977 movie poster at some point or maybe track down an original poster print from 77'.

IMG_3217a.jpg

Star Trek Beyond Limited Edition 250 of 250

Dave Moritz

Premium
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Am very concerned about what I was hearing on the news today about two things! One is that there was consideration to drop the Men off of X Men to be more gender inclusive. So what is the movies moving forward going to be called ? They going to call the new movies X? Or will they go back and rebadge all X Men movies X or X People or X Genders? And the 2nd thing that may be even more insane that that is to make the Loki character gender fluid! You must be kidding me! Yes I get that there are a number of female characters but how far does this go back in comic book form, animation titles and the below live action movies.

X Men 4K Collection.jpg

Also something I hope doesn't happen is the rumor that 007 could be turned into a woman! If they want to do a movie of a 00 agent that is female and the story is good I will watch it! But if they change the gender of 007 Bond to a woman I am done and will not watch or purchase the movie! James Bond has been a male for over 50 years so to cater to a tiny group and play the gender game is stupid!

IMG_0213a.jpg

Last edited:

Dave Moritz

Premium
Real Name
Dave Moritz
October 9th, 2021 Saturday

No Time To Die
Regal Cinema
4K DCP
Dolby Surround

No Time To Die 007.jpg

Black Widow
4K Digital / Dolby Vision / Disney +
Dolby Atmos 7.1.4

Black Widow.jpg

Dave Moritz

Premium
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Shout Factory Halloween 1 - 5 4K Blu-rays should arrive tomorrow! Am very much looking forward to these new awesome transfers to arrive and to be added to my 4K library.

halloween-4k-uhd-blu-ray-840x440.jpg

I am also looking forward to adding the following 4K releases that are available and to be released soon!

The Doors.jpg
295926_large (1).jpg
290638_large (1).jpg
294987_large.jpg
295727_large.jpg
293962_large.jpg
298874_large.jpg
297393_large.jpg
3921072_sa.jpg

Last edited:

Dave Moritz

Premium
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Possible purchase list for November 5th, 2021

Airplane (Blu-ray)
The Book Thief (Blu-ray)
Blazing Saddles (Blu-ray)
Underworld 5 Movie Set (4KBlu-ray)
The Silence Of The Lambs (4KBlu-ray)
The Shawshank Redemption (4KBlu-ray)
The Conjuring 3: The Devil Made Me Do It (4KBlu-ray)

Prices and availability of titles will effect what is purchased 11/5/21. Hoping to get movies delivered before birthday.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Well what I actually purchased the following which will be arriving tomorrow.

Underworld 5 Movie Set (4KBlu-ray)
Transformers: Dark Of The Moon (4KBlu-ray)
Transformers: Age Of Extinction (4KBlu-ray)
Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen (4KBlu-ray)
Airplane 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
The Book Thief (Blu-ray)
Alita: Battle Angel (4KBlu-ray)

Ordered Today:
The Shawshank Redemption (4KBlu-ray)
The Conjuring 3: The Devil Made Me Do It (4KBlu-ray)
The Nun (4KBlu-ray)

Eventually want to have all Conjuring & related movies on 4K disc!

List of upcoming releases and current releases purchase list:
Mad Max Anthology (4KBlu-ray)
Jungle Cruise (4KBlu-ray)
The Hills Have Eyes (4KBlu-ray)
Invasion Of The Body Snatchers (4KBlu-ray)
The Silence Of The Lambs (4KBlu-ray)
Cry Macho (4KBlu-ray)
Shang-Chi And The Legend Of The 10 Rings (4KBlu-ray)
The Karate Kid Collection (4KBlu-ray) ?
The Adams Family (4KBlu-ray)
No Time To Die (4KBlu-ray)
Pirates Of The Caribbean: The Curse Of The Black Pearl (4KBlu-ray)
The Great Escape (4KBlu-ray)
Halloween Kills (4KBlu-ray)
Some Like It Hot (4KBlu-ray)
A Hard Day's Night (4KBlu-ray)
The Guns Of Navarone (4KBlu-ray)
Old (4KBlu-ray) ?
Black Widow (4KBlu-ray)
F9: The Fast Saga (4KBlu-ray)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Real Name
Dave Moritz
4K Blu-ray Titles Current Count 301 (Goal of 300 4K titles before 1/1/22 reached)
Blu-ray Titles Current Count 291 (4K blu-ray is the focus but blu-ray format still supported and titles still being added)
DVD Titles 165 (Not ruling out any DVD format purchases but this format no longer supported with new purchases)
iTunes 450 (Digital purchases are slowing down)
Laserdisc Titles 67
Total titles 1,274

20211120_110944.jpg

Finally added the original Star Trek tv series to my collection! So little by little my Sci-Fi tv series section is slowly growing and next my intention is to add Star Trek: The Next Generation. Can not wait for Star Trek: Picard Season 2 to be available on blu-ray.

Star Trek Collection 11_20_2021a.jpg

New photo of my Star Trek collection from laser disc, dvd, blu-ray and 4K blu-ray.

20211120_093045a.jpg

Finally all Transformers movies in my library in 4K not including Bumblebee which I didn't care for.

Last edited:

Dave Moritz

Premium
Real Name
Dave Moritz
New blu-ray additions to my library. Angels With Dirty Faces is a new addition and something I have not seem before. And Mutiny On The Bounty is a title I have on HD-DVD that is being replaced by the Blu-ray.

20211212_120314.jpg

4K Blu-ray Titles Current Count 288
Blu-ray Titles Current Count 274
DVD Titles 165
iTunes 450
Laserdisc Titles 67
Total titles 1,242

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads