JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Well. They're here. Holy crap! I hope you have about three people to help you, because the PB is 50lbs heavier than the SB.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Awesome I can not wait to see some photos of your new pair of SB16's! Congratulations on your new upgrade.

Well. They're here. Holy crap! I hope you have about three people to help you, because the PB is 50lbs heavier than the SB.

I knew the weight of the subwoofer but once it was here, wow. It was more of a pain to get it out of the box and on it's feet then it was to slide it up 3 steps. And I should have had help but it was mid day on a Friday and I didn't want to wait.

Am having issues with my pc reading my sd card so I do not have many photos to share currently. But my SVS PB16 is here and connected and will be spending time dialing it in this weekend. But here are a few photos I took with the phone. Hey John did SVS send you a SVS T-shirt?

Well the Moritz Theater now has a nice new shinny PB16 Ultra SVS Subwoofer!

20210507_120802.jpg

20210507_121655.jpg

20210507_122634.jpg

20210507_122708.jpg

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Yes, I did get a t-shirt. Unfortunately, being 6’ 6”, virtually no shirt is long enough for me.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Yes, I did get a t-shirt. Unfortunately, being 6’ 6”, virtually no shirt is long enough for me.
I've collected about 5 of those shirts over the years. Really wish SVS would switch to a pullover or something different.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
More photos of SVS arrival.

IMG_0081a.jpg

IMG_0087a.jpg

IMG_0091a.jpg

IMG_0098a.jpg

IMG_0102a.jpg

IMG_0105a.jpg

IMG_0110a.jpg

I have a new SVS 12 meter subwoofer cable arriving this week. My next purchase I will focus on will be the Klipsch RP-500's that will be used for the Atmos/X/Auro channels. Not sure what to do after that other than maybe some cable upgrades and stuff like Thors hammer and Captain Americas shield and a light saber to dress up the room. Playing with the idea of replacing the Pioneer Elite SC-05 surround receiver with one of the following Denon, Marantz, Yamaha with 4K video switching. After the Klipsch Atmos height speakers that would replace the Advents it might be a good time to focus on my physical library adding more 4K titles. Still thinking about adding a NAS to the network.

RP-500SA DOLBY ATMOS.jpg

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Go for it Dave!! It makes a lot of difference in the presentation, but only if you have room.

Believe me I am tempted but the only thing I could do is go the very cheap route which means about a $300 - $400 HD projector and a non acoustically transparent screen. Part of me would hate watching on a really cheap projector with a top notch 4K OLED in the room. So to do it right considering how much 4K content I have factoring in the cost of a Sony or JVC native 4K projector and the cost of a high quality 4K acoustically transparent 2.35:1 ration screen and it just doesn't seem possible. I just do not want to spend a good amount of cash to turn around a few years later and repeat buying unless finances improve. I have the depth in the room and I would cram as much screen as I can into the width which would mean having a electric screen so I could still use my Sony 4K OLED.

Going to swap out my cheap cable this weekend for my subwoofer and maybe do some cable management behind the a/v rack. Sure it is not a AudioQuest cable but it should be a nice upgrade from the current Belkin Purgiav cable or at least I think it is a Belkin cable.

20210512_175427.jpg

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Just ordered more movies for my library and more to come!

Arriving today 5/22
They Live (4K Blu-ray)
The Sting (4K Blu-ray) Replaces and upgrades my HD-DVD version

Arriving 5/24
X Men Trilogy (4K Blu-ray)

Arriving 5/25
My Fair Lady (4K Blu-ray)

The following titles I hope to purchase in the next 6 months.
  • Super 8 (4K Blu-ray)
  • Last Action Hero (4K Blu-ray)
  • The Final Countdown (4K Blu-ray)
  • Shrek (4K Blu-ray)
  • Saw (4K Blu-ray)
  • Speed (4K Blu-ray)
  • The Good, The Bad And The Ugly (4K Blu-ray)
  • Space Balls (4K Blu-ray)
  • Star Trek Original TV Series (Blu-ray)
  • Star Gate Complete 3 Series Set (Blu-ray)
  • In The Line Of Fire (4K Blu-ray)
  • Smokey And The Bandit (4K Blu-ray)
  • Indiana Jones 4 Movie Set (4K Blu-ray)
  • Godzilla Vs King Kong (4K Blu-ray)
  • Nobody (4K Blu-ray)
  • Space Jam
  • Dr Strangelove (4K Blu-ray)
  • GI Joe: Retaliation
  • GI Joe: The Rise Of Cobra
  • A Quite Place ll
  • Godzilla (4K Blu-ray) 2014
  • Elysium
  • Ready Player One (4K Blu-ray) Originally the trailer turned me off and I for some reason didn't care to see the movie. Then for some reason I streamed the movie and actually found I enjoyed it, lol.

Movies I am waiting to be announced coming to 4K Blu-ray:
  • 48 Hours
  • Beverly Hills Cop 2
  • True Lies
  • The Abyss
  • The Book Thief
  • Open Range
  • Sound Of Music
  • Django Unchained
  • Titanic
  • Aliens

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
SVS is in the house!

Well recently I packed up my HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP subwoofer and said hello to my brand new SVS PB16 Ultra subwoofer! The HSU served it purpose and did a good job but I knew I could get better and after alot of research and thinking about the options I had. In the end I just had to go with SVS's monster subwoofer that was a good fit for what I was trying to accomplish. I honestly did not know how much better it would be once this 175lb monster was unpacked and set in place. Let's be honest at $2,499.99 it was a lot of money to drop on a subwoofer. But after setting it up and getting it placed and rerunning Audyssey and putting this subwoofer through it's paces. It was not more about how I felt about this subwoofer than what I heard about in a video or read online.

Delivery day and with packing it weighs in at 215lbs
IMG_0079a.jpg

My first subwoofer was a Polk 12" which I still have and use with a set of Polk T15's for my pc. My second subwoofer came about from my wonderful neighbor whos boss was upgrading and was giving the HSU away and I said yes. As those of you here at the forum know and who have followed my home theater post know the gear I have been purchasing. This subwoofer needed to be able to perform with some legends which would be my Altec Lancing A-7 500's speakers. This subwoofer is delivering in spades and is living up to everything I have read and everything I have heard. While I do not have test equipment of any kind all I can do is tell you what I hear and have experienced. After watching a number of movies and playing clips from a number of movies I can honestly say the following.

While the previous HSU did do well I knew there where areas where the next subwoofer needed to be better. And yes a small reason was getting a nicer looking subwoofer but performance and sound where #1. Like I said above this subwoofer delivered in spades and not only does the sub deliver deeper more powerful bass. But it delivers more weight to the bass and sounds much smoother instead of boomy. The bass has more definition and now the bass track has more power than it did with the HSU. I couldn't be more happier with this subwoofer and know I made the right choice. Not only can this subwoofer dip down to 13hz. Not only does it have plenty of power at 1,500 watts rms. But SVS backs up all this performance with a 5 year warranty! I could list all the specs but the link for the product is above the picture feel free to check the specs out. Check out there customer bill of rights for other reasons to choose SVS. I had a short list which also included Rel, Monolith and Klipsch. Sure the PB16 in it's high gloss black finish looks beautiful but sound and performance are what counts. I look forward to hearing more movies through the SVS PB16! You know everything has clicked into place when everytime you turn your system on and you are loving the picture and sound no matter what movie you decide to watch. The best system is the one you have that you enjoy no matter how you got there and what brands grace your home theater.

IMG_0102a.jpg

IMG_0105a.jpg

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
There is only two places it can and it may not be in the most ideal spot but it is the only place I can currently put it. The optional place to put it is to place it to the right of my chair to the right and next to a cat post. It is to bad I can not have a dedicated room for my a/v system.

IMG_0110a.jpg

My Fair Lady on 4K blu-ray just arrived today!

IMG_0158a.jpg

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
The SVS PB16 Ultra is such an awesome subwoofter and while there are a number of great choice out there. The SVS delivers in spades and I like how SVS backs there product! I love this sub!

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Movies arrived just after I got home today!

20210603_184444a.jpg

Picked up Law Abiding Citizen for $14.99 and Animal House for $19.99. The new 4K copy of Law Abiding Citizen upgrades the previous used Blu-ray that used to be a Blockbuster Video rental! I need to look though my library and see how many previous rentals I still have. I know at one point I purchased previously rented movies from both Blockbuster and Hollywood Video. I will keep the Blu-ray because of the case and having the Blockbuster logo inside! But on Saturday as long as my mom is gone I will watch Law Abiding Citizen! Next Saturday I will have Animal House on the menu.

20210603_184857a.jpg

20210603_184624a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks