What's new

My Home Theater Page (1 Viewer)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
:lol:

My mother doesn't even come to this site, LOL. Need to go to my neighbors and wrap the tv and stand tonight or tomorrow. Family and friends will be coming over for dinner and gift exchange on Sunday.

I would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
In about a little over three weeks I am going to get my limited edition Star Trek Beyond poster framed and I can not wait to see it finished!

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Got the tv stand put together and set up the Dish Network client Joey, LG Blu-ray player and 55" LG 4K UHD TV all set up for my mom! She is so happy with her Christmas gift. And the best part is it is 100% paid for and no credit card debt!

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Star Trek Beyond poster finally made it to the framing shop and I should have it back 1/27/2020! This poster will be joining my original DTS cinema poster and at some point I will get a few more posters and have them framed. Maybe a Dolby Cinema or Dolby Atmos poster if I can find one.

20200113_144130a.jpg

20200113_142639a.jpg

20200113_142645.jpg

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
That is going to look soooooooooo nice, Dave! :D

Congrats!

Peg and I have had a couple things professionally framed. But every time I see a pricetag like that it gives me pause. But I guess that's quite a prized print and worth that kind of elite preservation. :thumbsup:

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
That is going to look soooooooooo nice, Dave! :D

Congrats!

Peg and I have had a couple things professionally framed. But every time I see a pricetag like that it gives me pause. But I guess that's quite a prized print and worth that kind of elite preservation. :thumbsup:

Thank you Mike I also could not pass up getting it done at 70% off. :D

Had this one done this past December.

DTS Poster Framed 12_2019.jpg

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Well the Star Trek poster that was won on this site about 3 years ago is finally framed! Going to look over my Star Wars reprint of the original movie and see if that should be framed and how I want it done. Or I might get a Pirates Of The Caribbean poster framed. Also will be looking for a Dolby Atmos poster for my home theater.

IMG_3216a.jpg

IMG_3217a.jpg

20200113_142645.jpg

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
While I would like to upgrade the Advent speakers I am using for Atmos to matching Klipsch speakers. And while I would love to get a SVS Ultra 16 subwoofer to upgrade the HSU subwoofer I currently have. I look back at where my system has been and the upgrades over the many years and I sometimes can not believe I have finally got to where I am today! Also looking back at the older pictures it is funny to see certain things remain constant through the pictures and the years. The same A-7's and a/v rack and tv stand have remained over many years. Would like to get a new tv stand but the one I was looking at will not fit in my space currently and it is going to be interesting when I finally have to move into an apartment. Have reached 170 4K UHD Blu-ray titles and the goal to reach before Jan 1st, 2021 is 200 4K UHD Blu-ray titles. Both posters have been framed so I only have to think about framing a Pirates Of The Caribbean poster and a Star Wars poster. This year I want to just concentrate on enjoying the 4K system I have achieved and just enjoy movies!

I hope you have enjoyed my journey and hope someone has gotten ideas for there own home theater.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
February 12th, 2020 Wednesday

Trench 11
HD Digital (4K Apple TV) upconverted to 4K
Dolby 5.1 upmixed to 7.1 Auro 2D

View attachment 68584

The Good Liar
4K Digital / Dolby Vision (4K Apple TV)
Dolby 5.1 upmixed to 7.1 Auro 2D

View attachment 68583

Terminator: Dark Fate
4K UHD Blu-ray / Dolby Vision
Dolby Atmos 7.1.4

View attachment 68582

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Am hoping we see a 4K UHD Blu-ray release of this classic film! And yes I am so ready to retire the DVD as soon as it is released!

Jaws  DVD DTS.jpg

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
So glad the majority of this project is behind me now that we are dealing with the daily threat of corona virus! I am sure non of us thought we would see this day but here we are! Would I like to be able to have a projection set up? Oh yes I would to get that true theatrical experience at home but with the current job lasting longer than I wanted and Corona virus effecting so much of our daily lives. I have no problem sticking with my beautiful Sony OLED display for the time being and for years to come. That being said I would still like to get my matching Klipsch Atmos speakers and still toying with the idea of upgrading my subwoofer which would be nice. Also the plan is to get a really nice popcorn machine and what I need for that true movie theater style pop corn and to start having people over for movie night only after it is safe to do so! Looks like there will be some nice 4K Blu-ray releases this year including Jaws, Skywalker Saga, War Of The Worlds, Days Of Thunder, 1917 and some others. Need to add storage shelving for movies as my custom made shelf for the 4K titles is running out of space. For now am still working and hoping things calm down so I can take a trip. If not then I will just reschedule and take the trip later but I at least want to get the matching Atmos speakers and popcorn machine.

Gatsby Popcorn Machine.jpg

francisa

Auditioning
Real Name
Francis Abraham
While I would like to upgrade the Advent speakers I am using for Atmos to matching Klipsch speakers. And while I would love to get a SVS Ultra 16 subwoofer to upgrade the HSU subwoofer I currently have. I look back at where my system has been and the upgrades over the many years and I sometimes can not believe I have finally got to where I am today! Also looking back at the older pictures it is funny to see certain things remain constant through the pictures and the years. The same A-7's and a/v rack and tv stand have remained over many years. Would like to get a new tv stand but the one I was looking at will not fit in my space currently and it is going to be interesting when I finally have to move into an apartment. Have reached 170 4K UHD Blu-ray titles and the goal to reach before Jan 1st, 2021 is 200 4K UHD Blu-ray titles. Both posters have been framed so I only have to think about framing a Pirates Of The Caribbean poster and a Star Wars poster. This year I want to just concentrate on enjoying the 4K system I have achieved and just enjoy movies!

I hope you have enjoyed my journey and hope someone has gotten ideas for there own home theater.

Do you really have HSU VTF-3 MK5HP or is it HSU VTF-3 MK3HP (from your pictures it looks like old model)? I am planning to purchase HSU VTF-3 MK5HP (or VTF-15H MK2) dual for my home theater setup. Returning PB-2000Pro duals which I felt does not have good enough output for my setup (14.5 x 22 x 9 too with thick carpet floor). I had to crank the to -4db to get some reasonable output, if I treat the room it could get worse. I considered PB-3000, but doubt about value of money (smartphone control worth $400?).

I am debating between HSU VTF-3 MK5HP vs VTF-15H MK2 now, bit concerned about extra 5" depth in cabinet and weight.

Last edited:

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Returning PB-2000Pro duals which I felt does have good enough output for my setup (14.5 x 22 x 9 too with thick carpet floor). I had to crank the to -4db to get some reasonable output, if I treat the room it could get worse.
That number doesn't mean anything. It has zero correlation to the capabilities of the sub. I just wanted to mention it because you are returning the subs as a result of something that doesn't mean anything. The proper level for a sub is a combination of the output level from the receiver and the gain setting on the sub's amp. If one is increased, the other has to be reduced.

Actually, -4 is a good level to aim for. You want to avoid anything extreme.

francisa

Auditioning
Real Name
Francis Abraham
That number doesn't mean anything. It has zero correlation to the capabilities of the sub. I just wanted to mention it because you are returning the subs as a result of something that doesn't mean anything. The proper level for a sub is a combination of the output level from the receiver and the gain setting on the sub's amp. If one is increased, the other has to be reduced.

Actually, -4 is a good level to aim for. You want to avoid anything extreme.

With Marantz sr6013 Audyssey tuning could not recognize subwooder output when I set subwoofer gain to mid level -30db in the subwoofer (in the SVS-2000Pro range is from -60db to 0db). I changed to -10db, then Audyssey detected and configured subwoofer to close 0db in receiver (receiver range is from -12db to +12db).

After Audyssey turning, I felt could not feel the power of the sub which watching "Edge of Tomorrow", hence I increased to -4db at sub.

It is possible that I am doing something wrong, or getting subwoofer dead zone. I have heard lots of good reviews including of HSU VTF-3 MK5HP, one from hometheaterforum itself. Hence want to go with proven sub.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
A lot of things can be wrong with a subwoofer setup. Phase cancellation (dead zone) is only one of them. I can just assure you that whatever the problem it is will not be magically fixed with a different brand sub.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I use Audyssey as a starting point and then fine tune EVERYTHING based on what my ears tell me. Without fail, Audyssey always says my sub is too loud, even when it's clearly not. I'm not saying it's not true in your case but you may be the first person I've ever heard suggest an SVS sub might be under powered for their setup. FWIW, our rooms are similarly sized and my SVS PB12 Plus/2 is more than capable of filling it at even modest levels. I would strongly recommend a call to SVS before going through the trouble of shipping those back.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
A list of titles I will be adding to my 4K UHD collection.

• Jaws
  • The Deer Hunter
  • Top Gun
  • The Blues Brothers
  • Days Of Thunder
  • War Of The Worlds
  • Gladiator
  • Bad Boys For Life
  • Star Wars: Skywalker Saga
  • Beauty And The Beast
  • Wall-E
  • A Quiet Place
  • Ad Astra
  • Angel Has Fallen
  • Fast And Furious: Hobbs & Shaw
  • American Gangster
  • Spiderman: Far From Home
  • Shaft
  • X Men: Dark Phoenix
  • X Men Trilogy 2000 - 2006
4K_UHD LOGO.jpg 01f8ea7b9a251aead318ac757baaca63.jpeg
755309554a4748009da0.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks