1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

My Home Theater Page

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Dave Moritz, Aug 4, 2008.

1. JohnRice

JohnRice Executive Producer

John
    That makes sense, Dave. You probably know I'm into more power with HT. The thing is, if you're running Klipsch and those Altecs, they are all extremely efficient speakers, and the Emotiva 3 channel amps are far more than you need. What I suggest instead is considering an Emotiva A-5175 or Outlaw 5000 to run five channel, the front three and the front surrounds.

To put solid numbers on it. That center channel speaker you are considering is 99dB sensitivity. My main speakers are 84dB. A difference of 15dB means the Klipsch needs about 1/30 as much power as mine. In other words, 100 watts with the Klipsch would be like 3,000 watts with mine. Seriously. It makes that much difference. Plus mine are 4Ohm vs 8Ohm for yours. Your speakers are just a lot easier to drive. I figure it makes more sense to have "only" 175 watts for 5 channels than 300 watts for 3 channels, at lower cost, with an external amp.

BTW, if you do make that move, the gain of the external amp is probably lower than the receiver's internal ones. That means that even though the external amp has more power, the channel levels in the calibration will actually have to be set higher. People frequently have the misconception that more power means playing at a lower volume level. Anyway, if you get an external amp, be sure to re-run your calibration or the channels will be out of balance.

2. Angal Faria

Angal Faria Agent

Angal Faria
    How can I make my homes like a theatre HDR optimizer and Panasonic?

3. Angal Faria

Angal Faria Agent

Angal Faria
    home theatre. home theatre 1.
    My dreams of theatre......

Dave Moritz likes this.
  4. Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz Lead Actor
    Supporter

Dave Moritz
    I am not sure what your question is? The Panasonic 4K blu-ray player is the only player currently on the market with the HDR optimizer and from what I can tell. The optimizer is preset to the kind of display you select in the option menu. I personally have a Sony XBR55A9F 4K OLED and my Panasonic has OLED selected and so far the picture is amazing. This player is also supposed to be great with 4K projectors as well. I feel the ultimate home theater has a 4K projector and a 120" projection screen. But you need to figure out what your needs are and what sources you want to run.

5. Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz Lead Actor
    Supporter

Dave Moritz
    Saving for new Klipsch RC-64 center channel speaker and hope to get it as soon as I can. Will post pictures as soon as it arrives and is in my system. Will evaluate if that is my last equipment purchase or not but that might be that last thing I get as what I have I am beyond happy with!

Considerations but not sure if the following will or will not happen?
    ClearAudio Turntable (Made In Germany)
    Emotiva Three Channel Power Amp
    Klipsch Subwoofer
    Misc audio cable upgrades

6. Angal Faria

Angal Faria Agent

Angal Faria
    I dream that I make my home like a theatre. But I have no idea about it. Just looking to design with Panasonic may be.
    I just want to make my home like this.
    home theatre 1. home theatre.

7. Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz Lead Actor
    Supporter

Dave Moritz
    You starting from scratch?
    What is your budget?
    Are you looking for a display panel or projection?

8. Angal Faria

Angal Faria Agent

Angal Faria
    Enough, I got the answer to my question. You are not sure, but answer already comes to you, that's brilliant.
    Thanks

9. Angal Faria

Angal Faria Agent

Angal Faria
    Thanks for your react. I don't think about my budget; it means unlimited. Have you any display or projection so you can place it.

10. Angal Faria

Angal Faria Agent

Angal Faria
    I just continued my research on it, and also take advice from the home theatre developer.

11. Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz Lead Actor
    Supporter

Dave Moritz
    If you have basically no budge look into getting a Marantz SR-8012 receiver and you can always add power amplifiers later if needed. The SR-8012 has 3 HDCP 2.2 outs for HDMI and dual subs with separate crossovers and many other reasons to make it your surround sound receiver. I also would go with a Sony 4K projector and Stewart Film Screen projection screen. The Panasonic UB-9000 4K UHD Blu-ray player is a solid choice. SVS makes really good subs especially the Ultra 16 sub!

Here is more of what you get with the Marantz SR-8012:
    · 11.2 channel AV Receiver with 205W per channel – Enough power to fill big rooms with renowned Marantz sound
    · Latest HDMI standard for future-proof compatibility – 4K/60 Hz full-rate pass-through, 4:4:4 color resolution, HDR, BT.2020, Dolby Vision and HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) pass-through
    · High-end build-quality for the ultimate in audio performance – Single board per channel power amplifier design; centrally mounted, oversized toroidal transformer; copper-plated chassis
    · Extended connectivity: ready to feed a TV and projector in parallel, and even a display in a second room – Eight HDMI inputs (including one front) with full HDCP 2.2 support; Three HDMI outputs (including Zone 2)
    · eARC supports the most advanced audio formats such as Dolby Atmos and DTS:X via single HDMI connection between AVRs and compatible TVs – eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) support via firmware update
    · HD video quality from existing DVDs or analog sources – Analog to HDMI conversion and SD to HD/4K Upscaling
    · Immersive 3D sound with effects from overhead – Dolby Atmos (up to 7.1.4 or 9.1.2), DTS:X™, and Auro-3D built-in
    · Improved network stability especially in crowded homes – Built-in Wi-Fi with 2.4GHz/5GHz dual band support
    · Built-in HEOS Wireless Multi-Room Audio Technology – Integrated with other HEOS devices for whole-house entertainment
    · Access to almost unlimited online music sources – AirPlay, Bluetooth, Internet Radio, Spotify Connect, TIDAL, Deezer and more
    · High Resolution audio streaming with gapless playback – DSD (2.8/5.6MHz), FLAC, ALAC and WAV support
    · Delivering the ultimate optimization and equalization for your room – Audyssey MultEQ XT32, LFC, Sub EQ HT, Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ
    · Hassle-free installation, setup and operation – Color-coded speaker terminals, Setup Assistant, Marantz 2016 AVR Remote App
    · Energy-conscious without compromising on performance Intelligent ECO mode with off/on/auto setting
    · Advanced multiroom options; 11.2-channel processing with pre-outs for all channels; RS232 control; Crestron Connected > Audio and video around the home; expandable surround; ready for third party home automation systems.

Let me know how your system turns out.

12. Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz Lead Actor
    Supporter

Dave Moritz
    With the magic of photoshop this is how the system looks with the Klipsch RC-64 lll center channel speaker!

201900959aaa.

Klipsch RC-64 lll center channel speaker coming soon! Soon but not soon enough as it may be another month but I will post the actual photos once it arrives and is actually sitting under the Sony XBR55A9F 4K OLED TV! At that point I will debate if I am going to replace the HSU subwoofer with a Klipsch subwoofer. I can not imagine what I would be like to have dual 15" Klipsch subs! Because dual subs in an apartment would be insane and most likely a great way to get evicted! Even the way the system is now with the upcoming Klipsch center is going to be dangerous in an apartment. The trick is if I have to move into an apartment is finding a place I can shoe horn in all this gear and speakers!

13. Angal Faria

Angal Faria Agent

Angal Faria
    Nice, inspired.

14. JohnRice

JohnRice Executive Producer

John
    Dave, I've been meaning to ask. Do you happen to have any pics of your HT? ;)

15. Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz Lead Actor
    Supporter

Dave Moritz
    This post is my all pictures of my home theater from the very beginning. :popcorn: ;)

Only a few pictures! :lol:

16. Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz Lead Actor
    Supporter

Dave Moritz
    Coming soon to the Moritz home theater!

Klipsch RC-64 lll Reference Center Channel Speaker
    Klipsch Reference Atmos Speakers
    Klipsch or SVS Subwoofer
    Emotiva Three Channel Power Amp

s-l1000.

17. Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz Lead Actor
    Supporter

Dave Moritz
    Thank you Angal :)

18. Angal Faria

Angal Faria Agent

Angal Faria
    Nice design and I enchanted to see the collection of the movies.

19. Angal Faria

Angal Faria Agent

Angal Faria
    You are welcome.

20. Angal Faria

Angal Faria Agent

Angal Faria
    Beautiful pics and nice collection of you.
    Thanks

Dave Moritz likes this.