Real Name
Dave Moritz
cartoon01.jpg

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Took my exam for the city job and found out I passed it. So now I am waiting to see if I get called for the interview process!

Bob Bielski

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert Bielski
ok just saw a financial expert and oh well. told me to keep working another 8 years, would be soooo financialiy good for him

Bob Bielski

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert Bielski
In the meeting with the financial boy I found out about an account of 50,000 of inheritance from her dad..

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
So do you think your adviser has your interests at heart is he just looking for make money off you?

Thanks, I am still waiting to hear from the city. My current temp assignment may be over soon and it sounds like not very many places are hiring temps right now. Hopefully things work out sooner rather than later.

Bob Bielski

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert Bielski
He has to make money but he's good at what he does. Just did 16 hours this weekend on insulation and downstairs is getting close to being done. Soon to have rental income. It will help. Hope you get something soon. I'm ready to give up. Arm is slowly but surely getting better. Just bad timing for new job. Maybe I should be looking at new training for new career. Body is gone but brain still ok.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I get so tired now even though I keep pushing myself and my right knee and back get so sore now. Back when I was a trailer mechanic for the semi trucks I really messed up my back. It just sucks getting old and the scary part is knowing I will not be able to retire when I would like to. But so many in that spot that can not retire when they want. And I feel like I am at that age and experience where companies just do not want to pay and so they hire the younger people even though alot of them do not work very hard and miss work because they want to go out and party or they put going somewhere above there work. Don't get me wrong people need to have a life and try to enjoy the fruits of there labor but younger people miss to much and are late to many times.

Sounds like you will be done soon with your project at home and I am sure it will be nice to have that rental income. Just be very careful to who you rent to! You might want to have a property management company deal with that to make sure you get a decent tenant. My mother has a friend around the corner and it took a number of months to get a bad tenant out. They did not pay rent for many months and the police wouldn't make them leave without a court order. It is not like it use to be and even room mates can be almost impossible to get rid of because if they have there stuff and pay any amount of money the police don't want to do anything and it takes getting a lawyer and going through the courts. So be very careful who you rent to.

Last edited:

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Unless finances change no upgrades to HT in 2018!

No receiver upgrade
No 4K blu-ray player upgrade
No surround speaker upgrades to Bowers & Wilkens
No 4K projector

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Just purchased Grease & Die Hard on 4K UHD Blu-ray! Two more movies on the not buying again list!

4K UHD Blu-ray titles finally surpassed HD-DVD titles!

Bob Bielski

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert Bielski
Hey Dave
Just got a call back on an old interview and was told to send a paper cutter operator and wanted me too. they hired the paper cutter and never called me. My current boss flipped out and had a company meeting telling all of us that we were disrespectful looking for jobs. He offered the paper cutter another 3$ an hour not to leave but I think he is lying. What a bunch of bull sht.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
The sad part is companies like yours flip out and get all hurt over you trying to better your finances or better your job but they will be the first to kick you to the curb the moment it is convenient for them to do so! They have no loyalty to employees but expect you to be loyal, what a joke!

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
My current system with the addition of projection, what it would most likely look like to preserve the ability to still use a 4K display!

IMG_1200a (asd).jpg

What my system would look like with a 75" 4K UHD display instead of my current 55" 4K display!

IMG_0361asda.jpg

Now if I had the money because of winning the lottery then at minium a 9 - 14 seat theater with a 200" screen, Marantz pre/pro with McIntosh amplification and flagship Sony 4K projector would be on the order!

I would do something like this but most likely off the entry room/equipment room before going into the actual home theater!
6a5f6d08_DSC04187.jpeg

The extreme version in my current house if I went projection here and took out the 4K display I am currently using!
projection screen oak house 1ab.jpg

Bob Bielski

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert Bielski
Should be out of job friday. Shoulder is 85% better got released from workmans comp. Now big question what's next. First floor all ready to drywall and then flooring. Finished insulation and will post some p
ics. Hope you have luck. Feel like experimenting in first floor with all Rockwool insulation. Little boombox sounds awesome while insulating. Stuff clears all reflections and gives quick decay rate on sound. Hope to drag a pair of speakers up and do a 2 channel experiment to see the improvement in absorption. Take care Dave will post pics and results.

Bob Bielski

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert Bielski
Hi Dave
So far still at my old job. Several people and machines have gone and it is a ghost town but don't know when the doors will close. Thanks for the shoulder comment. it is 85% better but not right. I will try to post some pics.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks